Indonesia on screen: Waiting for the extraordinary
The Indonesian film industry might be enjoying a mini boom with more films being produced this year, but the main problems — a declining number of viewers, limited cinemas and promotion, as well as poor quality film festivals — still persist.
According to government data, the number of commercial films produced this year reached 86 titles, an increase from the 82 titles last year.
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Muslim inmates fed pork during Ramadhan: Activists
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China
- BREAKING: Indonesia passes stronger antiterrorism law
- Costly holiday
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Indonesia shakes off nerves for Thomas Cup semifinal against China
- Government is representation of God on earth: State Palace official
- Malaysia's defeated UMNO party asks for its money back
- US wasted billions in failed Afghan stabilization efforts: official