Indonesia on screen: Waiting for the extraordinary
The Indonesian film industry might be enjoying a mini boom with more films being produced this year, but the main problems — a declining number of viewers, limited cinemas and promotion, as well as poor quality film festivals — still persist.
According to government data, the number of commercial films produced this year reached 86 titles, an increase from the 82 titles last year.
- Indonesia ready for Freeport tribunal
- Muslim group promises no violence at anti-Ahok rally
- Freeport gives government four months to negotiate new settlement
- Police to investigate North Korean restaurant on spy activity
- Police terminate investigation into UI lecturer’s alleged blasphemy
- Jakarta Police to deploy 10,000 personnel to anti-Ahok rally
- Indonesia's tough stance causes headache for tuna exporters
- Millenials ask Jokowi questions, their way
- Government may need to borrow for certain spending: Sri Mulyani
- Ahok credits Ciliwung River normalization project for reducing floods across Jakarta