Indonesia on screen: Waiting for the extraordinary
The Indonesian film industry might be enjoying a mini boom with more films being produced this year, but the main problems — a declining number of viewers, limited cinemas and promotion, as well as poor quality film festivals — still persist.
According to government data, the number of commercial films produced this year reached 86 titles, an increase from the 82 titles last year.
- Telkom to add more Wi-Fi corners in tourist destinations
- Jakarta’s floods claim life of toddler
- PGI refuses to celebrate Christmas at Monas
- Three drug dealers sentenced to death in Riau
- Singapore Airlines and SilkAir to roll out new airfare pricing
- Indonesia's most popular Google searches in 2017 revealed
- Indonesia among Asia Pacific countries with slowest internet connection
- EDITORIAL: Guardians of morality
- 12 parties selected to enter factual verification process
- 1,000 police officers to guard DWP music festival