Indonesia on screen: Waiting for the extraordinary
The Indonesian film industry might be enjoying a mini boom with more films being produced this year, but the main problems — a declining number of viewers, limited cinemas and promotion, as well as poor quality film festivals — still persist.
According to government data, the number of commercial films produced this year reached 86 titles, an increase from the 82 titles last year.
- EDITORIAL: Gesture of unity
- Jokowi forgives Malaysia over flag flop: spokesman
- Woman convicted of blasphemy for spreading 'misguided' Islamic teachings
- Most Indonesian museums non-operational: Official
- Bandung unveils China Town tourism spot
- Ten sailors missing after US destroyer collision off Singapore
- 16,000 Indonesian islands registered at UN
- Prambanan Jazz Festival apologizes for Afgan's stage mishap
- Central government certifies islets C and D
- Holidaying Malaysian students rapped for bad behavior in Japan