Indonesia on screen: Waiting for the extraordinary
The Indonesian film industry might be enjoying a mini boom with more films being produced this year, but the main problems — a declining number of viewers, limited cinemas and promotion, as well as poor quality film festivals — still persist.
According to government data, the number of commercial films produced this year reached 86 titles, an increase from the 82 titles last year.
- Tonnes of garbage cleaned up from Galapagos coast
- Turkish-led forces in control of Syria's Afrin city
- French language eyes 'le comeback' as Britain leaves Europe
- Indian airports stretched as passengers reach new heights
- Facebook suspends Trump election data firm for policy breach
- Putin on track for commanding win as Russians head to polls
- Fake Prince Albert 'cons Monte Carlo high-flyers'
- Kevin and Marcus reach thriller All England final