Indigenous people and nature conservation
Freddy Pattiselanno and Agustina Arobaya
Dubbed one of the world’s top-two mega centers of biodiversity alongside Brazil, Indonesia is also a country of enormous cultural diversity. Among its 259.94 million inhabitants today, there are more than 500 ethnic groups speaking over 1,000 languages and dialects.
Anthropological studies indicate that hot spots of high biodiversity are associated with regions where traditional societie...
- Bali to develop offshore airport
- Winners of the 2018 Brit Awards
- German arrested over alleged drug smuggling
- Provincial governments to maximize inter-province trade
- Yogyakarta to transform into Indonesian Silicon Valley
- Five feared dead, dozens buried in Brebes landslide
- Yogyakarta academicians call on MK chief justice to step down
- Bentley launches third generation Continental GT in Indonesia
- Briton arrested over alleged attempt to smuggle diazepam
- SpongeBob SquarePants set to feature on Vans limited edition