Indigenous people and nature conservation
Freddy Pattiselanno and Agustina Arobaya
Dubbed one of the world’s top-two mega centers of biodiversity alongside Brazil, Indonesia is also a country of enormous cultural diversity. Among its 259.94 million inhabitants today, there are more than 500 ethnic groups speaking over 1,000 languages and dialects.
Anthropological studies indicate that hot spots of high biodiversity are associated with regions where traditional societie...
- High alert: Mt. Agung eruption imminent
- Dust off your shoulder pads -- 'Dynasty' is back
- No prediction when Mt. Agung will erupt: BNPB
- Mitra Keluarga Hospital punished for neglecting patient
- Jokowi to hand over Rp 7.1b to Mount Agung evacuees
- Private lenders partake in Greater Jakarta LRT project
- Jokowi to visit Mount Agung evacuees in Klungkung
- BPJS expected to suffer Rp 9t deficit this year: Official
- Fight Kim Jong-un instead of Duterte? Trudeau did not say that
- Report reveals 38 deaths linked to lack of healthcare services in Yahukimo