Jokowi named one of the world’s best mayors
Andreas D. Arditya and Novia D. Rulistia
The Jakarta Post
Governor Joko “Jokowi” Widodo won second runner-up in the 2012 World Mayor Prize. The organization acknowledged his achievements while mayor of his hometown Surakarta.
Jokowi placed third after Iñaki Azkuna of Bilbao, Spain and Lisa Scaffidi of Perth, Western Australia.
He was awarded for the measures taken to turn the crime-ridden city into a regional center of arts and culture...
- Passport stamps becoming a thing of the past
- Vice President Kalla promises shelter for Rohingya refugees in Aceh
- Candidates for Pertamina's top post submitted to Jokowi: SOE official
- Jakarta x Beauty festival seeks to promote self-confidence
- Three airlines to move to Terminal 3 in May
- Disney delights 'Star Wars' devotees at CinemaCon
- Foreign workers' regulation to improve investment climate: Minister
- Govt to take legal action against drillers of illegal oil well after fire
- At least 10 killed, dozens injured in oil well fire in Aceh
- Music-streaming millennials eye smart speakers