Jokowi named one of the world’s best mayors
Andreas D. Arditya and Novia D. Rulistia
The Jakarta Post
Governor Joko “Jokowi” Widodo won second runner-up in the 2012 World Mayor Prize. The organization acknowledged his achievements while mayor of his hometown Surakarta.
Jokowi placed third after Iñaki Azkuna of Bilbao, Spain and Lisa Scaffidi of Perth, Western Australia.
He was awarded for the measures taken to turn the crime-ridden city into a regional center of arts and culture...
- Indonesia ready for Freeport tribunal
- Muslim group promises no violence at anti-Ahok rally
- Police to investigate North Korean restaurant on spy activity
- Freeport gives government four months to negotiate new settlement
- Police terminate investigation into UI lecturer’s alleged blasphemy
- Indonesia's tough stance causes headache for tuna exporters
- Jakarta Police to deploy 10,000 personnel to anti-Ahok rally
- Millenials ask Jokowi questions, their way
- Government may need to borrow for certain spending: Sri Mulyani
- Papuan football legend killed in house fire