Why rape differs from other crimes
Naomi Wolf’s article titled “Ending India’s rape culture” (The Jakarta Post, Jan. 3, 2013) gives us an insight into last month’s rape case in India which sparked global outrage. The victim — a 23-year-old student — died on Dec. 28, 2012 in Singapore, due to severe injuries and organ failure.
Wolf writes that the crime seems incomprehensible, the victim was gang raped for an ho...
- Visiting Pyongyang, Jakarta's North Korean restaurant
- Jokowi warns Freeport
- When two food trends collide: Martabak Samyang
- Police beef up security in Intan Jaya
- Banten administration questions slow progress of Serang-Panimbang toll road
- FPI leader to testify against Ahok next week
- Jokowi and Turnbull to focus on economic, strategic links
- Grand launch of Kertajati Airport set for mid next year
- Jakarta Police suspend detention of treason suspect Firza Husein
- Citilink’s first new Airbus A320neo arrives in Indonesia