Why rape differs from other crimes
Naomi Wolf’s article titled “Ending India’s rape culture” (The Jakarta Post, Jan. 3, 2013) gives us an insight into last month’s rape case in India which sparked global outrage. The victim — a 23-year-old student — died on Dec. 28, 2012 in Singapore, due to severe injuries and organ failure.
Wolf writes that the crime seems incomprehensible, the victim was gang raped for an ho...
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Australian archbishop guilty of concealing child sex abuse
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- Five dead in India from Nipah virus, dozens quarantined
- Displaced for different beliefs