Would-be judge would go easy on rapists
The Jakarta Post
A candidate Supreme Court justice told members of the House of Representatives that some rape cases might involve consensual sex and require more lenient sentences.
“Both the victims of rape and the rapist might have enjoyed their intercourse together, so we should think twice before handing down the death penalty,” Daming Sunusi told lawmakers on House Commission III on law and human r...
- Thousands sign petition against sentence for Malaysian who abused maid
- Saudi Arabia beheads Indonesian worker despite Jokowi’s pleas for clemency
- Bottled water meets quality standards: BPOM
- Why the rich in Jakarta have better access to water than the poor
- Residents clash with police personnel in land execution in C. Sulawesi
- No condoms or cigarettes sold at Muslim convenience store in Depok
- With Rp 10 billion, what kind of home can you get in Jakarta?
- Singapore Airlines warns customers against air tickets scam
- Indonesian short film on oil palm industry enters international festivals
- Missing giant yellow duck found in Australia