Guess what?: Dewi says latest nude part is art
The Jakarta Post
Actress and singer Dewi Persik revealed that she has to appear naked in her latest movie Nyi Blorong. She said the naked part was demanded by the scenario and she hoped that people wouldn’t deem it as pornography.
“I’ll dance naked on the pole as required by the scene, with no pornographic intentions. I hope the people will take this the right way,” she said as quoted by kompas.com.
Movie producer Shanker RS said that he was the one who offered Dewi the part.
He said the actress had taken the part after she was convinced that movie meant no harm.
In the film, Dewi plays Larasati, the daughter of a woman who marries a ghost snake and manages to charm men with her beauty.
- Agus promises Chinese-Indonesians he will uphold unity in Jakarta
- Police plane crashes in Riau Islands waters, 13 feared dead
- Indonesia sees more local Warren Buffett-style investors
- Rally ends on cautious note
- Susi receives honorary degree from Undip
- Treason suspects intended to mobilize mass to occupy House: Police
- Anti-Jokowi figures charged with treason
- Jokowi changes tune in handling rally
- Musician Ahmad Dhani released, remains suspect
- Police show strong response despite rally running peacefully