Riau governor claims innocence in graft case
The Jakarta Post
Riau Governor Rusli Zainal claimed he was not involved in the 2012 National Games (PON) graft scandal, despite incriminating testimony from several witnesses during his trial.
“Alhamdulillah [praise God], I never ordered my subordinates [to bribe the councilors],” he told reporters on Friday.
The case centers on the construction of a PON venue in Riau. Rusli allegedly ordered his...
- GenPI West Sumatra to host Siti Nurbaya Market
- Indonesia Tempeh Movement's Amadeus gives talk at Harvard Business School
- Indonesia, South Korea initiate plan to develop electric car battery
- Jokowi appoints Robert Pakpahan as new tax chief
- Drone flown over Mount Agung to detect volcanic activity
- Researchers spot interstellar visitor
- Don't be afraid to come to Bali: Minister
- 'Real Bali' as Western construct: Rethinking tourism's 'ruination' of Bali
- Anies invited to ‘anti-Ahok’ 212 Rally Alumni gathering
- Skype disappears from Chinese app stores in latest web crackdown