Riau governor claims innocence in graft case
The Jakarta Post
Riau Governor Rusli Zainal claimed he was not involved in the 2012 National Games (PON) graft scandal, despite incriminating testimony from several witnesses during his trial.
“Alhamdulillah [praise God], I never ordered my subordinates [to bribe the councilors],” he told reporters on Friday.
The case centers on the construction of a PON venue in Riau. Rusli allegedly ordered his...
- Three airlines to move to Terminal 3 in May
- Passport stamps becoming a thing of the past
- Candidates for Pertamina's top post submitted to Jokowi: SOE official
- Most boats in Thousand Islands unsafe: Committee
- Illegal oil exploration activities in Aceh must stop: WALHI
- High-rise buildings must provide access for fiber optics
- Government to take legal action against drillers of illegal oil well after fire
- Meghan Markle ties the knot -- but not with Prince Harry
- Indian court jails popular guru for life over teen rape
- Music-streaming millennials eye smart speakers