Riau governor claims innocence in graft case
The Jakarta Post
Riau Governor Rusli Zainal claimed he was not involved in the 2012 National Games (PON) graft scandal, despite incriminating testimony from several witnesses during his trial.
“Alhamdulillah [praise God], I never ordered my subordinates [to bribe the councilors],” he told reporters on Friday.
The case centers on the construction of a PON venue in Riau. Rusli allegedly ordered his...
- Residents near Mt. Agung begin to relocate their livestock
- Uber tops 500,000 signatures on petition to halt London ban
- G30S/PKI film is the correct version of history: Tommy Soeharto
- Keep calm and enjoy Bali: Tourism association
- Thousands flee rumbling Mount Agung
- Owner of Islamic matchmaking site arrested, charged under Pornography Law
- Wiranto calms fear over weapon shipment rumor
- ‘Unicorn Gundam’ illuminated, dazzles in official unveiling
- New Zealand's English claims mandate to form government
- ‘Otaku’ dating site’s advice to users: Have other interests besides anime