In Solo, a call to fire officials who abuse women
The Jakarta Post
Activists rallied in Surakarta, Central Java, on Thursday, calling on the Home Ministry to remove regional government officials who abuse women.
The protesters brought with them pillow cases bearing 1,001 signatures, chosen to symbolize that officials’ lives at home should be subject to public scrutiny, as they are supposed to set examples for the community.
“The Home Minister ha...
- 5 barges destroy coral in Karimunjawa
- Anti-cement plant rally goes on after farmer’s death
- Saudi king and Indonesia's hypocrisy, opportunism
- Indonesia still struggles to close gender equality gap: UNDP
- Papua asks for 10 percent in Freeport divestment
- EDITORIAL: Cementing options for people
- Before Parliament violence, other attacks on Britain
- Foreigners eager to revisit Jakarta
- Bekasi to verify data on 1,700 foreign workers
- Korea to issue e-visas for Southeast Asians to tackle THAAD fallout