In Solo, a call to fire officials who abuse women
The Jakarta Post
Activists rallied in Surakarta, Central Java, on Thursday, calling on the Home Ministry to remove regional government officials who abuse women.
The protesters brought with them pillow cases bearing 1,001 signatures, chosen to symbolize that officials’ lives at home should be subject to public scrutiny, as they are supposed to set examples for the community.
“The Home Minister ha...
- EDITORIAL: Right to passports
- Indonesia set to operate 13 railway projects this year
- 'Angkot' drivers protest Tanah Abang street closure
- Facebook says social media not always healthy for democracy
- Cosby performs for first time since assault charge
- BI, government team up to control inflation
- US Defense Secretary Mattis holds meeting with Retno
- EDITORIAL: Threat to Indonesian press
- ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal’ actor Jun Tae-soo dies
- Indonesia seeks immediate return of two fishermen released by Abu Sayyaf