In Solo, a call to fire officials who abuse women
The Jakarta Post
Activists rallied in Surakarta, Central Java, on Thursday, calling on the Home Ministry to remove regional government officials who abuse women.
The protesters brought with them pillow cases bearing 1,001 signatures, chosen to symbolize that officials’ lives at home should be subject to public scrutiny, as they are supposed to set examples for the community.
“The Home Minister ha...
- Mount Agung activity on the rise: Agency
- Soekarno–Hatta International Airport Skytrain is officially launched
- 19 Jambi pilgrims die of 'natural causes' during haj
- EDITORIAL: Death of free speech
- Fishermen, including from Indonesia, 'kept like slaves' in Taiwan
- Parent sends open letter to Jokowi, seeking justice for son’s death
- Government prepares Rp 94.53t in energy subsidies for next year
- Slum dwellers’ homes in Surakarta to be upgraded
- Garuda delays plan to purchase planes
- Regtech, legal tech firms join forces in IRLA