A mass or nonprofit organization bill?
After several postponements and fierce criticism, a bill drafted for mass organization will be legalized this month. Societal dynamics mean that Law No. 8/1985 on mass organizations is no longer adequate for accommodating and guaranteeing the freedom to establish a union, to congregate and to express opinions as stated in the 1945 Constitution.
There are suspicions that the bill contains st...
- Barack Obama returns to the political arena
- Marinda airport in Raja Ampat set to become international airport
- Survey finds Jakarta among world’s worst for women
- Across Asia, liver cancer is linked to herbal remedies: Study
- More drug dealers to be shot dead: BNN chief
- Philippines to reject EU aid: Duterte
- EDITORIAL: Jokowi grows on the job
- North Jakarta group cancels Alexis Hotel protest
- International Al Azhar conference promotes moderate Islam, tolerance
- Airline, bank reach for the sky with e-money