A mass or nonprofit organization bill?
After several postponements and fierce criticism, a bill drafted for mass organization will be legalized this month. Societal dynamics mean that Law No. 8/1985 on mass organizations is no longer adequate for accommodating and guaranteeing the freedom to establish a union, to congregate and to express opinions as stated in the 1945 Constitution.
There are suspicions that the bill contains st...
- Pork Festival changes name to Imlek Culinary Festival following protests
- Indonesian policymakers prepare for US transition
- Indonesians love of Mecca boosts lucrative ‘umrah’ business
- Indonesia to revise 20 regulations in next economic stimulus package
- World's primates facing extinction crisis, new report says
- Kim Tae-hee chooses custom-made dress over branded designs
- Three witnesses to be questioned in ex-Garuda boss' bribery case
- SHORT STORY: Love as sweet as poison
- Indonesia to fight against forest fires starting early this year
- Deputy gubernatorial candidate notes error in police summons