Issues of the day: Students say ‘No’ to Valentine’s Day
The Jakarta Post
Nearly 500 elementary school students in Surakarta, Central Java, joined a march to the city’s Manahan Stadium on Wednesday in protest against Muslim youth partaking in Valentine’s Day celebrations, arguing that doing so was against Islamic teaching.
Some 30 teachers accompanied the students at the rally in the city, which is also known as Solo. The students ranged f...
- 11 Indonesians evacuated from clashes in Marawi
- Religious leaders call for bolder steps against intolerant, anti-Pancasila groups
- Four named suspects in case of alleged graft connected to BPK, ministry
- Anies Baswedan's brother passes away
- South Jakarta to record newcomers, increase security
- Former first lady calls for fight against intolerance
- ‘Jamu’ fuels Jokowi’s frenetic schedule
- Palembang develops colorful kampong for Asian Games 2018
- Klender station reopens
- Bogor ensures plentiful stocks of staple foods during Ramadhan