Issues of the day: Students say ‘No’ to Valentine’s Day
The Jakarta Post
Feb. 14, p5
Nearly 500 elementary school students in Surakarta, Central Java, joined a march to the city’s Manahan Stadium on Wednesday in protest against Muslim youth partaking in Valentine’s Day celebrations, arguing that doing so was against Islamic teaching.
Some 30 teachers accompanied the students at the rally in the city, which is also known as Solo. The students ranged f...
- Anies wins in South Jakarta and East Jakarta: KPU
- Indonesian hard-liners again turn up heat on Ahmadis
- Plan to execute death row inmates still on: AGO
- 459 tons equipment brought along on Saudi Arabia's King's visit to Indonesia
- Official Jakarta election results to be announced Sunday
- Lee Min-ho wins top award for boosting Korea’s brand
- Jokowi warns investment board to keep rivalry mindset, speed
- Jokowi arrives in Sydney
- Jokowi meets Australian CEOs, shares confidence about Indonesia's economy
- Organizer says it has secured 11 major sponsorships for Asian Games