Issues of the day: Students say ‘No’ to Valentine’s Day
The Jakarta Post
Feb. 14, p5
Nearly 500 elementary school students in Surakarta, Central Java, joined a march to the city’s Manahan Stadium on Wednesday in protest against Muslim youth partaking in Valentine’s Day celebrations, arguing that doing so was against Islamic teaching.
Some 30 teachers accompanied the students at the rally in the city, which is also known as Solo. The students ranged f...
- Liam Gallagher postpones Jakarta concert date
- Cut! Regulators at odds with censors
- Redenomination not in near future: Jokowi
- Ahok donates Rp 200 million for dancing fountain renovation
- Why RCEP is more dangerous than Bilateral Investment Treaties
- SBY welcomes Prabowo to meeting with 'nasi goreng'
- Dutch national arrested over alleged hashish possession
- Papuan student jailed for resisting arrest in Yogyakarta
- Celebrities lash out at Trump’s decision to ban transgenders from military service
- Transjakarta driver steals bus: Police