Comments: Franchising rule to slap limit on KFC, McDonald’s
The Jakarta Post
Feb. 16, p. 1
The Trade Ministry has introduced its latest regulation on restaurant franchising in a move to avert monopolies in the business and endorse greater participation from local players through third-party ownership.
The regulation limits a single master franchisee to owning a maximum of 250 outlets. If the franchisee wants to open more outlets it must invite a third party t...
- Experts warn government against complacency in tackling forest fires
- Jakarta-Cikarang commuter line to begin operation in October
- Jakarta collects Rp 120 million in fines from illegal tree-cutting
- BI criticized for burdening consumers with e-money top-up costs
- Government advised to increase ceiling on import taxes
- Indonesia to organize upcoming Europalia cultural festival
- Elisabeth Moss, a Scientologist, wins Emmy for depicting cult
- Minister Susi to sink 100 more fishing boats this year
- Matahari closes two outlets in Jakarta
- Government preparing regulation for 'core tax system'