BNI net profits rise 21% on lending growth, recovery
The Jakarta Post
State-owned Bank Negara Indonesia (BNI) enjoyed a 21 percent increase in net profits last year on the back of a rise in credit disbursements, which was in line with overall growth in the banking industry, and recovery of bad debts.
BNI booked Rp 7.1 trillion (US$731 million) in net profits last year, a significant increase compared to the Rp 5.8 trillion it reaped a year earlier.
- EDITORIAL: Gesture of unity
- Jokowi forgives Malaysia over flag flop: spokesman
- Most Indonesian museums non-operational: Official
- Woman convicted of blasphemy for spreading 'misguided' Islamic teachings
- Holidaying Malaysian students rapped for bad behavior in Japan
- Palembang to highlight Sriwijaya kingdom, Asian Games in upcoming festival
- Central government certifies islets C and D
- 16,000 Indonesian islands registered at UN
- Prambanan Jazz Festival apologizes for Afgan's stage mishap
- Ten sailors missing after US destroyer collision off Singapore