BNI net profits rise 21% on lending growth, recovery
The Jakarta Post
State-owned Bank Negara Indonesia (BNI) enjoyed a 21 percent increase in net profits last year on the back of a rise in credit disbursements, which was in line with overall growth in the banking industry, and recovery of bad debts.
BNI booked Rp 7.1 trillion (US$731 million) in net profits last year, a significant increase compared to the Rp 5.8 trillion it reaped a year earlier.
- Whale shark dead after being caught up in trawl
- Tight security prepared for King Salman’s visit to Bali
- Four must-watch films about North Korea
- Jokowi, Turnbull start day with relaxed morning walk around Royal Botanical Gardens
- Lawmakers to learn about counterterrorism legislation in UK, US
- Indonesia, Australia want peaceful resolution in settling regional disputes
- Six killed in Central Java bus plunge
- House prepares for King Salman's visit
- Kim Jong Nam died within 20 minutes of poisoning: Malaysia
- Divers collect waste in waters around Pramuka Island