Communities under REDD+
Mark Poffenberger and Herlina Hartanto
Jakarta | Mon, March 4 2013 | 11:10 am
PREMIUMIndonesia possesses some of world’s richest forests in terms of biodiversity, carbon values and sheer beauty.
The nation’s forests have fostered a diversity of cultural systems and are home to around 32,000 forest villages representing 36 percent of the country’s rural population. For centuries, rural communities have utilized and protected these forests, recognizing their economic, ...
- Teary Veronica reads Ahok letter on reasons for appeal withdrawal
- EDITORIAL: Well-deserved rating upgrade
- RI seeks release of patrol crew member held hostage in Vietnam via diplomacy
- Raid on suspected gay sex party based on law: Police
- Pilgrimage at a price
- Cuba's first luxury hotel opens in Havana
- Toshiba turns to enterprises to boost laptop sales
- Two suspects of UII hazing surrender
- Police condemned for ‘arbitrary’ raid on ‘gay party’
- Bekasi welcomes new leaders