Communities under REDD+
Mark Poffenberger and Herlina Hartanto
Indonesia possesses some of world’s richest forests in terms of biodiversity, carbon values and sheer beauty.
The nation’s forests have fostered a diversity of cultural systems and are home to around 32,000 forest villages representing 36 percent of the country’s rural population. For centuries, rural communities have utilized and protected these forests, recognizing their economic, ...
- House asked to open up closed-door discussion on terrorism bill
- AGO probes alleged corruption implicating Pertamina Patra Niaga, Ratu Energy Indonesia
- PlayStation VR owners can now watch 360-degree YouTube videos
- Local startup caters to pet-related needs
- Terror convicts may still be radical despite renouncing terrorism
- Ad hoc team begins studying Patimban project
- Theater show about Maluku's Run Island to be performed in New York
- Indonesia probes police unit held in Sudan
- Jokowi calls for cuts to gas prices
- Ahok reports FPI leaders to police for perjury