Communities under REDD+
Mark Poffenberger and Herlina Hartanto
Indonesia possesses some of world’s richest forests in terms of biodiversity, carbon values and sheer beauty.
The nation’s forests have fostered a diversity of cultural systems and are home to around 32,000 forest villages representing 36 percent of the country’s rural population. For centuries, rural communities have utilized and protected these forests, recognizing their economic, ...
- Bali welcomes Barack Obama and family
- It’s official, Idul Fitri is tomorrow
- Malaysian PM to vacation in Bali after Obama
- Minister, MUI call for peaceful Idul Fitri sermons
- No merry Idul Fitri celebration for Ahmadiyah followers in Depok
- Ahmadiyah mosque in Depok vandalized ahead of Idul Fitri
- Food prices spike in Jakarta a day before Idul Fitri
- Two escaped foreign inmates transported to Bali
- Jokowi to stay in Jakarta for Idul Fitri
- Surakarta terminal sees decline in bus passengers