Communities under REDD+
Mark Poffenberger and Herlina Hartanto
Indonesia possesses some of world’s richest forests in terms of biodiversity, carbon values and sheer beauty.
The nation’s forests have fostered a diversity of cultural systems and are home to around 32,000 forest villages representing 36 percent of the country’s rural population. For centuries, rural communities have utilized and protected these forests, recognizing their economic, ...
- Woman convicted of blasphemy for spreading 'misguided' Islamic teachings
- Most Indonesian museums non-operational: Official
- Djarot allows Idul Adha animal slaughtering at schools
- EDITORIAL: Gesture of unity
- Prambanan Jazz Festival apologizes for Afgan's stage mishap
- 16,000 Indonesian islands registered at UN
- Jokowi forgives Malaysia over flag flop: spokesman
- Central government certifies islets C and D
- Indonesia, Freeport discuss tax issue: Minister
- Bandung unveils China Town tourism spot