Communities under REDD+
Mark Poffenberger and Herlina Hartanto
Indonesia possesses some of world’s richest forests in terms of biodiversity, carbon values and sheer beauty.
The nation’s forests have fostered a diversity of cultural systems and are home to around 32,000 forest villages representing 36 percent of the country’s rural population. For centuries, rural communities have utilized and protected these forests, recognizing their economic, ...
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Commentary: Another side of the elderly: You reap what you sow
- Empty Jakarta during Idul Fitri serves as Instagrammable photo opportunity
- One dead, five wounded in Malmo shooting: police
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan dies aged 62
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- BREAKING: Boat with 80 passengers capsizes in Lake Toba
- One killed after Lake Toba vessel capsizes