Q & A: Post 2015: Ensuring women’s choices, safety and voices
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM In the remaining 1,000 days to the 2015 deadline of the eight Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), women and girls still face a host of problems. Pervasive violence against females continues despite one of the targets to promote gender equality — recent reports include the rape and murder of a number of females in Jakarta and other cities. John Hendra, the UN women’s deputy executive director ...
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Pair of Japanese premium melons sell for record $29,300
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Out of South Africa, reminiscing the indelible Eden
- Prisoners evacuated from flooded Pekalongan Penitentiary
- Police shut down illegal gold mines in Riau