Dahlan follows @SBYudhoyono
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
State-Owned Enterprises Minister Dahlan Iskan says he will become a follower of twitter account @SBYudhoyono which belongs to President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono.
'I've heard that Pak SBY has had a twitter account. I did not have time to tweet him. I plan to follow Pak SBY's account,' said Dahlan on Sunday as quoted by Antara news agency.
According to Dahlan, President Yudhoyono's decision to open a Twitter account is a positive move. It can be an effective tool for bringing him closer to the public.
'I think state officials should be more active in social networks such as Twitter, Facebook or others. I think Twitter is fun and quite effective,' he went on.
President Yudhoyono officially activated his Twitter account @SBYudhoyono on Saturday morning. But it was at 5:25 p.m., local time, when he sent his first tweet. 'Hallo Indonesia. I'm joining Twitter now to go along with you in sharing greetings, opinions, and inspirations. Nice to meet you.*SBY*."
He then uploaded a photo of his family and posted his directives concerning the Lion Air incident in Bali.
His first tweet drew positive responses from his Twitter followers.
As of Sunday, the number of @SBYudhoyono's account followers has reached 429,801.
'It's never too late. US President Barack Obama has proven that Twitter can be an effective tool ,' said Dahlan, who has been using Twitter for the past year. (asw/ebf)
- Grassroots war on rabies
- Good nutrition entails safe drinking water
- Award-winning comedy series ‘Silicon Valley’ returns for season 3
- Rationality, deficit in democracy
- Jokowi meets with German President, discusses death penalty
- Repair harm done to Jakarta Bay, fishermen demand
- Indonesia to learn vocational education from Germany: Minister
- 1965 victims: We don’t want communism, just reconciliation
- Cold rice balls, no flush toilets at quake-hit Japan shelter
- NU calls on govt. to reveal truth behind 1965 tragedy