Dahlan follows @SBYudhoyono
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
State-Owned Enterprises Minister Dahlan Iskan says he will become a follower of twitter account @SBYudhoyono which belongs to President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono.
'I've heard that Pak SBY has had a twitter account. I did not have time to tweet him. I plan to follow Pak SBY's account,' said Dahlan on Sunday as quoted by Antara news agency.
According to Dahlan, President Yudhoyono's decision to open a Twitter account is a positive move. It can be an effective tool for bringing him closer to the public.
'I think state officials should be more active in social networks such as Twitter, Facebook or others. I think Twitter is fun and quite effective,' he went on.
President Yudhoyono officially activated his Twitter account @SBYudhoyono on Saturday morning. But it was at 5:25 p.m., local time, when he sent his first tweet. 'Hallo Indonesia. I'm joining Twitter now to go along with you in sharing greetings, opinions, and inspirations. Nice to meet you.*SBY*."
He then uploaded a photo of his family and posted his directives concerning the Lion Air incident in Bali.
His first tweet drew positive responses from his Twitter followers.
As of Sunday, the number of @SBYudhoyono's account followers has reached 429,801.
'It's never too late. US President Barack Obama has proven that Twitter can be an effective tool ,' said Dahlan, who has been using Twitter for the past year. (asw/ebf)
You might also like :
- AccorHotels to operate 200 hotels in Indonesia by 2020
- Churchgoers perform service amid rally in Cikarang
- Hate speech clouds Indonesia's internet in 2016: Police
- Jakarta Police chief visits Santa Clara Church construction site
- More Cipinang inmates transferred to Nusakambangan
- The trouble with pedophiles in Indonesia
- Govt goes extra mile to accelerate land distribution
- Indonesia's Daud Yordan beats Thai boxer in 2nd round of non-title bout
- Indonesia ranks 7th in travel freedom among Southeast Asian countries
- Soccer fan brawl in Tangerang, one death