Lion Air to open Jambi-Batam new route
The Jakarta Post
Lion Air has announced a new direct route between the cities of Jambi and Batam.
'We are going to open a new Jambi-Batam route considering the growing demand for direct flights between the two cities,' said Jambi-branch Lion Air manager, Mardanus, on Monday.
Batam is a transit route for Sumatra so Lion Air will accommodating passengers departing from Jambi to the city.
'We plan to use the Boeing 737 Next Generation with a capacity of 189 economy seats,' said Mardanus.
Currently, Lion Air in Jambi has only five Jambi-Jakarta flights per day. (ebf)
You might also like :
- Indonesia still struggles to close gender equality gap: UNDP
- Anti-cement plant rally goes on after farmer’s death
- Saudi king and Indonesia's hypocrisy, opportunism
- 5 barges destroy coral in Karimunjawa
- Papua asks for 10 percent in Freeport divestment
- Foreigners eager to revisit Jakarta
- Korea to issue e-visas for Southeast Asians to tackle THAAD fallout
- Caledonian Sky destroyed more than 18,000 m2 of pristine Raja Ampat reefs, survey concludes
- JKT48 manager found dead hanging in bathroom
- Bekasi to verify data on 1,700 foreign workers