Jambi to check PT Antam's activities
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
The Jambi provincial administration will investigate allegations that state mining company PT Aneka Tambang (Antam) misused its exploration permits by conducting commercial exploitation mining.
"We will find out whether the company's activities are still inline with its exploration license or in fact at the exploitation or commercial stage," Jambi Energy and Mineral Resources Agency head, Azwar Effendi, said Friday.
He said the agency would request help from the Geology Agency, the Energy and Mineral Resources Ministry's Inspectorate General and Mineral Inspectorate, as well as PT Antam.
"If the investigation finds that PT Antam had already carried out the exploitation stage, it can be fined Rp 10 billion per year," Azwar said.
However, he said, many parties did not understand that exploration and exploitation stages in gold mining both include taking rock samples in the mining concession area.
"During the exploration stage, rock samples are analyzed in laboratories to determine the gold content and its grade," he said.
You might also like :
- Jokowi accused of promoting secularism
- Human or not? Mysterious figure caught on camera in Aceh sparks internet frenzy
- Indonesia to be world's 4th largest economy by 2045: Jokowi
- Indonesia lodges complaint with WTO over US biodiesel anti-dumping duties
- Tax office to scrutinize rich Indonesians not taking part in tax amnesty
- Ngurah Rai International Airport to halt operations for 24 hours to observe Day of Silence
- Nokia Android phones targeted for global release
- Non-subsidized electricity prices won’t increase
- Don’t be afraid to start businesses, Jokowi tells youth
- Quality of West Kalimantan airport questioned following ceiling collapse