Jambi to check PT Antam's activities
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
The Jambi provincial administration will investigate allegations that state mining company PT Aneka Tambang (Antam) misused its exploration permits by conducting commercial exploitation mining.
"We will find out whether the company's activities are still inline with its exploration license or in fact at the exploitation or commercial stage," Jambi Energy and Mineral Resources Agency head, Azwar Effendi, said Friday.
He said the agency would request help from the Geology Agency, the Energy and Mineral Resources Ministry's Inspectorate General and Mineral Inspectorate, as well as PT Antam.
"If the investigation finds that PT Antam had already carried out the exploitation stage, it can be fined Rp 10 billion per year," Azwar said.
However, he said, many parties did not understand that exploration and exploitation stages in gold mining both include taking rock samples in the mining concession area.
"During the exploration stage, rock samples are analyzed in laboratories to determine the gold content and its grade," he said.
You might also like :
- Police remain vigilant in areas with tight election margins
- Indonesia ready for Freeport tribunal
- Indonesia's tough stance causes headache for tuna exporters
- Police terminate investigation into UI lecturer’s alleged blasphemy
- Muslim group promises no violence at anti-Ahok rally
- Freeport gives government four months to negotiate new settlement
- Millenials ask Jokowi questions, their way
- Police to investigate North Korean restaurant on spy activity
- Jakarta Police to deploy 10,000 personnel to anti-Ahok rally
- TV footage appears to show deliberate attack on North Korean