Jambi to check PT Antam's activities
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
The Jambi provincial administration will investigate allegations that state mining company PT Aneka Tambang (Antam) misused its exploration permits by conducting commercial exploitation mining.
"We will find out whether the company's activities are still inline with its exploration license or in fact at the exploitation or commercial stage," Jambi Energy and Mineral Resources Agency head, Azwar Effendi, said Friday.
He said the agency would request help from the Geology Agency, the Energy and Mineral Resources Ministry's Inspectorate General and Mineral Inspectorate, as well as PT Antam.
"If the investigation finds that PT Antam had already carried out the exploitation stage, it can be fined Rp 10 billion per year," Azwar said.
However, he said, many parties did not understand that exploration and exploitation stages in gold mining both include taking rock samples in the mining concession area.
"During the exploration stage, rock samples are analyzed in laboratories to determine the gold content and its grade," he said.
You might also like :
- Thousands protest in Jakarta against Trump's Jerusalem move
- Indonesia seeks to impose import duties on intangible goods
- "Where are the trees?," Jokowi slams green programs
- Indonesia to voice developmental concerns at WTO conference
- Major recall of Lactalis baby milk over salmonella fears
- Lippo to hold rights issue in first quarter of 2018
- Saudi Arabia hails Iraq victory over IS
- Potatoes for peace: how the humble tuber stopped conflict in Europe
- Three suspected terrorists arrested in East Java
- Celebs sleep rough to raise money for Scotland's homeless