Jambi to check PT Antam's activities
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
The Jambi provincial administration will investigate allegations that state mining company PT Aneka Tambang (Antam) misused its exploration permits by conducting commercial exploitation mining.
"We will find out whether the company's activities are still inline with its exploration license or in fact at the exploitation or commercial stage," Jambi Energy and Mineral Resources Agency head, Azwar Effendi, said Friday.
He said the agency would request help from the Geology Agency, the Energy and Mineral Resources Ministry's Inspectorate General and Mineral Inspectorate, as well as PT Antam.
"If the investigation finds that PT Antam had already carried out the exploitation stage, it can be fined Rp 10 billion per year," Azwar said.
However, he said, many parties did not understand that exploration and exploitation stages in gold mining both include taking rock samples in the mining concession area.
"During the exploration stage, rock samples are analyzed in laboratories to determine the gold content and its grade," he said.
You might also like :
- Electronic music and poetry collide in ‘Melihat Puisi’
- Who will be new Singapore PM? Test him in the next general election
- Susi beats Sandiaga in Lake Sunter showdown
- Aceh, Dubai-based firm to start hydrocarbon survey
- Impossible to pair Kalla with Jokowi again, PDI-P says
- BPJS Ketenagakerjaan seeks to book Rp 367.8 trillion in funds
- Czech schoolboy maps his life from disabled to designer
- The movie ‘Sekala Niskala’ won Grand Prix at Berlin International Film Festival 2018
- In 'Coco' child star's story, life and art intertwine
- Rohingya exodus still growing, six months into crisis