Suswono admits to having met Bunda Putri
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Agriculture Minister Suswono admitted to having met Bunda Putri, a mysterious woman said to have played an influential role in the government's beef import scandal, but claimed not to have known her well.
"I met her twice - in 2010 and 2011 - in West Kalimantan," Suswono told reporters on the sidelines of a meeting at the House of Representatives on Thursday. "As far as I remember, we met during a PKK [family welfare movement] event, at which President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono was also present," Suswono added.
The Prosperous Justice Party (PKS) politician declined, however, to disclose the identity of Bunda Putri, only saying that "she is a businesswoman but has never been involved with the Agriculture Ministry".
A hearing at the Jakarta Corruption Court last week played a wiretapped phone call between Ridwan Hakim - son of PKS chief patron Hilmi Aminuddin -- graft suspect Luthfi Hasan Ishaaq and a woman referred to by both as Bunda Putri.
In the conversation, former PKS chairman Luthfi told Ridwan that "Bunda influences decision makers". At the hearing, Ridwan also declared that Bunda was his business mentor.
- 'City budget signed by governor': Jokowi responds to Sylviana
- No need to complain: Jokowi on SBY's tweet
- Android users can now search Google while offline
- SBY’s Twitter whine his own business: VP
- Korean star rapper Gary returns to ‘Running Man’
- Celebrate year of the rooster at these modern Chinese restaurants
- The economic policy Trump should pursue
- Dynamic Thai duo stand out at weather-hit SMBC Singapore Open
- At least 32 killed, 50 injured as train derails in India
- Hundreds of thousands of women around the world decry Trump