Jakarta Police bust vehicle theft syndicate
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Police have arrested a group of car thieves that targeted parking lots across the capital city.
"We arrested seven suspects," Jakarta Police spokesperson Sr. Comr. Rikwanto said as quoted by Antara on Wednesday.
The seven suspects were identified as DD, Darto, DSB alias Bani, WND, YYP alias Nanang, JL and ASP alias SEP.
Jakarta Police crime and detective director Sr. Comr. Heru Pranoto explained that the suspects operated around Jakarta and Tangerang.
One of the suspects, disguised as a private vehicle driver, stole cars after "dropping off his employer".
As a result of the arrests, the police confiscated 28 vehicles that had been stolen between November and December 2013, tools, sickles and air-soft guns.
"The gang claimed to have been operating for three years," Pranoto said.
Vehicle sub-directorate head Adj. Sr. Comr. Audie Latuheri said the cars were sold for between Rp 25 million (US$2,500) and Rp 30 million each.
The police's investigation continues.
You might also like :
- Minister, Anies join thousands in rally to support Palestine
- Streep ‘terrified’ to work with Hanks, Spielberg for the first time
- Does playing action video games change your brain?
- Year-end events to attend in Bali
- Suspicious deaths of billionaire Canada couple investigated
- BPS to start collecting e-commerce data in January
- Heavy air pollution shuts schools in Iran
- US wants no mention of `Climate Change' in new Nafta
- All work and no play leads to burnout, says new study
- Assange told not to interfere in Catalonia: Ecuador president