Jakarta Police bust vehicle theft syndicate
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Police have arrested a group of car thieves that targeted parking lots across the capital city.
"We arrested seven suspects," Jakarta Police spokesperson Sr. Comr. Rikwanto said as quoted by Antara on Wednesday.
The seven suspects were identified as DD, Darto, DSB alias Bani, WND, YYP alias Nanang, JL and ASP alias SEP.
Jakarta Police crime and detective director Sr. Comr. Heru Pranoto explained that the suspects operated around Jakarta and Tangerang.
One of the suspects, disguised as a private vehicle driver, stole cars after "dropping off his employer".
As a result of the arrests, the police confiscated 28 vehicles that had been stolen between November and December 2013, tools, sickles and air-soft guns.
"The gang claimed to have been operating for three years," Pranoto said.
Vehicle sub-directorate head Adj. Sr. Comr. Audie Latuheri said the cars were sold for between Rp 25 million (US$2,500) and Rp 30 million each.
The police's investigation continues.
You might also like :
- Ahok faces threats in Cipinang prison: Warden
- Two Bali foreign inmates caught in Timor Leste
- Prosecutors in e-ID case demand former Home Ministry officials be jailed
- Batam, Yokohama to collaborate in urban development projects
- Bank Indonesia sets chip technology standard for ATMs, debit cards
- How embargo affects Qatar investment in Indonesia
- Facebook gets Indonesia nod for local unit
- Most crimes in Jakarta committed by youngsters: Research
- Detainee escapes with prisoner van in Depok
- Beijing's new mega airport will challenge Air China's dominance