Jakarta Police bust vehicle theft syndicate
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Police have arrested a group of car thieves that targeted parking lots across the capital city.
"We arrested seven suspects," Jakarta Police spokesperson Sr. Comr. Rikwanto said as quoted by Antara on Wednesday.
The seven suspects were identified as DD, Darto, DSB alias Bani, WND, YYP alias Nanang, JL and ASP alias SEP.
Jakarta Police crime and detective director Sr. Comr. Heru Pranoto explained that the suspects operated around Jakarta and Tangerang.
One of the suspects, disguised as a private vehicle driver, stole cars after "dropping off his employer".
As a result of the arrests, the police confiscated 28 vehicles that had been stolen between November and December 2013, tools, sickles and air-soft guns.
"The gang claimed to have been operating for three years," Pranoto said.
Vehicle sub-directorate head Adj. Sr. Comr. Audie Latuheri said the cars were sold for between Rp 25 million (US$2,500) and Rp 30 million each.
The police's investigation continues.
You might also like :
- Why a few drops of water make whisky taste better
- Tatjana's photo with Korean heartthrob Gong Yoo makes netizens jealous
- Police question Rizieq in Saudi Arabia: Tito
- Girls’ Generation’s Taeyeon shared message over airport incident
- Trump will resign, his ghostwriter predicts
- Singapore gets a taste of commuting chaos as trains fail
- Government to spend Rp 404t on infrastructure projects in 2018
- EDITORIAL: Boring, yet realistic budget
- Sri Mulyani claims tax revenue target realistic
- South Sulawesi mayor-elect faces police questioning in Jakarta