Facebook opens office in Jakarta
Sita W Dewi
The Jakarta Post
US-based social media giant Facebook announced on Thursday the opening of a branch office in Jakarta with the expectation of working more closely with the country's businesses.
Indonesia has the fourth-most Facebook users in the world, with around 65 million users.
'Setting up an office here will allow us to work closer with some of the biggest advertisers, the advertising agencies and SMEs [small and medium enterprises] that need an education on how to market their products,' Facebook Asia-Pacific vice president Dan Neary said in Jakarta.
'We have 65 million users in Indonesia -- that's 90 percent of everybody that's online. We're also focusing on the 80 percent of Indonesians who are still not connected and so there's lot of opportunities for us to collaborate with the government and public sector.'
Facebook's Jakarta office is located in the Pacific Place building in Sudirman Central Business District, South Jakarta.(dic)
You might also like :
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash