Facebook opens office in Jakarta
Sita W Dewi
The Jakarta Post
US-based social media giant Facebook announced on Thursday the opening of a branch office in Jakarta with the expectation of working more closely with the country's businesses.
Indonesia has the fourth-most Facebook users in the world, with around 65 million users.
'Setting up an office here will allow us to work closer with some of the biggest advertisers, the advertising agencies and SMEs [small and medium enterprises] that need an education on how to market their products,' Facebook Asia-Pacific vice president Dan Neary said in Jakarta.
'We have 65 million users in Indonesia -- that's 90 percent of everybody that's online. We're also focusing on the 80 percent of Indonesians who are still not connected and so there's lot of opportunities for us to collaborate with the government and public sector.'
Facebook's Jakarta office is located in the Pacific Place building in Sudirman Central Business District, South Jakarta.(dic)
You might also like :
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Unattended suitcase causes security alert in Batam
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- FamilyMart to allow Airbnb users to pick up keys at its stores
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Women paid more than men for same job in Indonesia: Global survey
- 'Solo' director says new 'Star Wars' film puts character first
- No more Qlue as Jakarta administration introduces BERiDE