Facebook opens office in Jakarta
Sita W Dewi
The Jakarta Post
US-based social media giant Facebook announced on Thursday the opening of a branch office in Jakarta with the expectation of working more closely with the country's businesses.
Indonesia has the fourth-most Facebook users in the world, with around 65 million users.
'Setting up an office here will allow us to work closer with some of the biggest advertisers, the advertising agencies and SMEs [small and medium enterprises] that need an education on how to market their products,' Facebook Asia-Pacific vice president Dan Neary said in Jakarta.
'We have 65 million users in Indonesia -- that's 90 percent of everybody that's online. We're also focusing on the 80 percent of Indonesians who are still not connected and so there's lot of opportunities for us to collaborate with the government and public sector.'
Facebook's Jakarta office is located in the Pacific Place building in Sudirman Central Business District, South Jakarta.(dic)
You might also like :
- Woman convicted of blasphemy for spreading 'misguided' Islamic teachings
- Most Indonesian museums non-operational: Official
- Djarot allows Idul Adha animal slaughtering at schools
- EDITORIAL: Gesture of unity
- Prambanan Jazz Festival apologizes for Afgan's stage mishap
- 16,000 Indonesian islands registered at UN
- Jokowi forgives Malaysia over flag flop: spokesman
- Central government certifies islets C and D
- Indonesia, Freeport discuss tax issue: Minister
- Bandung unveils China Town tourism spot