'Metro kapsul' cheaper than monorail
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Governor Joko 'Jokowi' Widodo said that the alternative monorail project the metro kapsul, proposed by a consortium of local investors, was cheaper and more feasible than the monorail project.
'According to information from investors, metro kapsul is cheaper and more feasible and later on, I will visit the factory,' he said as quoted by tribunnews.com.
Jokowi explained that the main difference between the metro kapsul and monorail was the construction budget, metro kapsul's construction cost only Rp 110 billion (US$9.72 million) per kilometer while the monorail would cost Rp 400 billion per kilometer.
He also said the metro kapsul could carry more passengers than the monorail.
However, he said, his side had not yet decided if it would approve the metro kapsul project.
The governor reportedly summoned PT Jakarta Monorail this week to determine whether it had fulfilled all the administrative requirements needed before the monorail cooperation agreement was signed.
You might also like :
- Pertamina renewable investment portion to reach 15 percent by 2030
- Bogor reduces more than 5 tons of waste a day
- Google Assistant adds more languages in global push
- Apple plans upgrades to popular AirPods headphones
- Deputy governor Perry Warjiyo nominated to head Bank Indonesia
- Construction of Central Jakarta Police headquarters to begin in April
- Actor Stephen Fry reveals battle with prostate cancer
- What to watch for in gadgets, deals from the biggest mobile show
- Hopeful travelers line up overnight for flight promotions
- Death toll in Syria enclave tops 500 after UN delays truce vote