'Metro kapsul' cheaper than monorail
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Governor Joko 'Jokowi' Widodo said that the alternative monorail project the metro kapsul, proposed by a consortium of local investors, was cheaper and more feasible than the monorail project.
'According to information from investors, metro kapsul is cheaper and more feasible and later on, I will visit the factory,' he said as quoted by tribunnews.com.
Jokowi explained that the main difference between the metro kapsul and monorail was the construction budget, metro kapsul's construction cost only Rp 110 billion (US$9.72 million) per kilometer while the monorail would cost Rp 400 billion per kilometer.
He also said the metro kapsul could carry more passengers than the monorail.
However, he said, his side had not yet decided if it would approve the metro kapsul project.
The governor reportedly summoned PT Jakarta Monorail this week to determine whether it had fulfilled all the administrative requirements needed before the monorail cooperation agreement was signed.
You might also like :
- Ahok faces threats in Cipinang prison: Warden
- Prosecutors in e-ID case demand former Home Ministry officials be jailed
- How embargo affects Qatar investment in Indonesia
- East Jakarta robbery gang well managed: Police
- Bank Indonesia sets chip technology standard for ATMs, debit cards
- House inquiry team to meet National Police to ‘straighten things out’
- Batam, Yokohama to collaborate in urban development projects
- Two Bali foreign inmates caught in Timor Leste
- Police to make sketch of Novel Baswedan attacker
- Piaggio Indonesia poised strongly against Honda's challenge