'Metro kapsul' cheaper than monorail
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Governor Joko 'Jokowi' Widodo said that the alternative monorail project the metro kapsul, proposed by a consortium of local investors, was cheaper and more feasible than the monorail project.
'According to information from investors, metro kapsul is cheaper and more feasible and later on, I will visit the factory,' he said as quoted by tribunnews.com.
Jokowi explained that the main difference between the metro kapsul and monorail was the construction budget, metro kapsul's construction cost only Rp 110 billion (US$9.72 million) per kilometer while the monorail would cost Rp 400 billion per kilometer.
He also said the metro kapsul could carry more passengers than the monorail.
However, he said, his side had not yet decided if it would approve the metro kapsul project.
The governor reportedly summoned PT Jakarta Monorail this week to determine whether it had fulfilled all the administrative requirements needed before the monorail cooperation agreement was signed.
You might also like :
- Contract to be extended to 2041 as Freeport agrees to divest 51% shares
- Studio Ghibli goes into full production for new Hayao Miyazaki film
- Indonesian N219 aircraft succeeds in first test flight
- Israeli firm offers 'anti-terrorism' adventure to tourists
- Soekarno-Hatta airport’s skytrain begins trial operation
- Jokowi wears traditional attire during annual state of the nation address
- Put on some weight, says politician to Jokowi in prayer
- Jokowi declares graft war in front House members, Setya
- EDITORIAL: Forever young Indonesia
- Teater Koma stages latest play ‘Warisan’ in silence