'Metro kapsul' cheaper than monorail
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Governor Joko 'Jokowi' Widodo said that the alternative monorail project the metro kapsul, proposed by a consortium of local investors, was cheaper and more feasible than the monorail project.
'According to information from investors, metro kapsul is cheaper and more feasible and later on, I will visit the factory,' he said as quoted by tribunnews.com.
Jokowi explained that the main difference between the metro kapsul and monorail was the construction budget, metro kapsul's construction cost only Rp 110 billion (US$9.72 million) per kilometer while the monorail would cost Rp 400 billion per kilometer.
He also said the metro kapsul could carry more passengers than the monorail.
However, he said, his side had not yet decided if it would approve the metro kapsul project.
The governor reportedly summoned PT Jakarta Monorail this week to determine whether it had fulfilled all the administrative requirements needed before the monorail cooperation agreement was signed.
- Convenient confusion: Indonesia's incorporation of international law
- Indonesia up 15 places in Ease of Doing Business index
- Indonesia-Australia continue to strengthen cooperation: Bishop
- Govt to allow nickel ore, bauxite exports under new rules
- Leessang’s Kang Gary to leave ‘Running Man’
- Jessica prepared for Thursday's verdict
- Jokowi set to open Interpol conference in Bali next month
- Govt foils attempts to smuggle Rp 33.15b worth lobster seeds
- Doctor Strange is not Sherlock with magic, says Benedict Cumberbatch
- Green facility launched to promote economy, achieves climate targets