'Metro kapsul' cheaper than monorail
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Governor Joko 'Jokowi' Widodo said that the alternative monorail project the metro kapsul, proposed by a consortium of local investors, was cheaper and more feasible than the monorail project.
'According to information from investors, metro kapsul is cheaper and more feasible and later on, I will visit the factory,' he said as quoted by tribunnews.com.
Jokowi explained that the main difference between the metro kapsul and monorail was the construction budget, metro kapsul's construction cost only Rp 110 billion (US$9.72 million) per kilometer while the monorail would cost Rp 400 billion per kilometer.
He also said the metro kapsul could carry more passengers than the monorail.
However, he said, his side had not yet decided if it would approve the metro kapsul project.
The governor reportedly summoned PT Jakarta Monorail this week to determine whether it had fulfilled all the administrative requirements needed before the monorail cooperation agreement was signed.
You might also like :
- Only 4 of 6 US-granted F-16s arrive in Indonesia amid engine trouble
- Anies unaware of lunch meeting with mass organizations
- MRT, LRT projects cause floods in Jakarta: Anies
- No escape: Climate displacement in Indonesia
- Lazada.co.id to expand warehouses, merchants
- Jakarta Council Speaker urges Anies to focus on work
- Four arrested over alleged plan to attack police in Riau
- Activists slam Jokowi for lip service on human rights cases
- Bali's rumbling volcano slashes peak Christmas tourist numbers
- Water inundates Cawang underpass, Jakarta council building