Armed civilian group leader shot dead
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Yapen Police officers killed the leader of an armed civilian group, identified as Rudy Orari , 35, in a gun fight in Angkaisera district, Yapen regency on Tuesday.
Papua Police chief Insp. Gen. Tito Karnavian revealed that Rudy and his group had attacked officers who had just returned from the scene of a crime that had left Erens Aninam and Elias Aninam dead in Konti, Yapen.
Tito said Rudy sustained a shot to his head and died instantly while the other men, who allegedly stole weapons from Angkaisera Police precinct last year, managed to escape.
'After the shoot-out, we managed to reclaim the weapons that had been stolen by the group last year,' he added.
Tito said the group had attacked the police, terrorized residents and companies operating in the district.
On Saturday, the police also shot dead Timika Wonda, the alleged leader of the Free Papuan Movement (OPM), in an ambush in Tingginambut, Puncak Jaya regency, Papua.
You might also like :
- Indonesian magician The Sacred Riana is crowned winner of Asia's Got Talent Season 2
- Yogyakarta airport developers warned not to ‘steal’ people’s land
- In first, SpaceX launches recycled rocket and spaceship
- Foundation documents culinary heritage via smartphone app
- Jakarta transportation operators to rejuvenate fleets
- Saudi women will also be allowed to drive motorcycles
- West Java residents return to their homes after deadly tremor
- Police arrest doctor for alleged hate speech against TNI chief
- 2 killed, 7 injured in Java quake: Agency
- H&M says to close more stores as customers go online