Armed civilian group leader shot dead
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Yapen Police officers killed the leader of an armed civilian group, identified as Rudy Orari , 35, in a gun fight in Angkaisera district, Yapen regency on Tuesday.
Papua Police chief Insp. Gen. Tito Karnavian revealed that Rudy and his group had attacked officers who had just returned from the scene of a crime that had left Erens Aninam and Elias Aninam dead in Konti, Yapen.
Tito said Rudy sustained a shot to his head and died instantly while the other men, who allegedly stole weapons from Angkaisera Police precinct last year, managed to escape.
'After the shoot-out, we managed to reclaim the weapons that had been stolen by the group last year,' he added.
Tito said the group had attacked the police, terrorized residents and companies operating in the district.
On Saturday, the police also shot dead Timika Wonda, the alleged leader of the Free Papuan Movement (OPM), in an ambush in Tingginambut, Puncak Jaya regency, Papua.
You might also like :
- 'Bottom up' campaigning failed Ahok, and it might fail Jokowi
- Anies, Sandiaga win in all Jakarta municipalities, regency
- Polygamy not part of Islamic teachings: Muslim clerics
- PSSI eyes SEA Games gold, 4th place in 2018 Asian Games
- Jakarta election result will not negatively affect investment climate: BKPM
- 3 Singaporean military personnel banned from entering Indonesia
- Indonesia climbs six spots in 2017 press freedom ranking
- Former BPKM chairman passes away
- China bans list of Islamic names in restive Xinjiang region
- Squatters resettle Pasar Ikan area in defiance of eviction