Armed civilian group leader shot dead
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Yapen Police officers killed the leader of an armed civilian group, identified as Rudy Orari , 35, in a gun fight in Angkaisera district, Yapen regency on Tuesday.
Papua Police chief Insp. Gen. Tito Karnavian revealed that Rudy and his group had attacked officers who had just returned from the scene of a crime that had left Erens Aninam and Elias Aninam dead in Konti, Yapen.
Tito said Rudy sustained a shot to his head and died instantly while the other men, who allegedly stole weapons from Angkaisera Police precinct last year, managed to escape.
'After the shoot-out, we managed to reclaim the weapons that had been stolen by the group last year,' he added.
Tito said the group had attacked the police, terrorized residents and companies operating in the district.
On Saturday, the police also shot dead Timika Wonda, the alleged leader of the Free Papuan Movement (OPM), in an ambush in Tingginambut, Puncak Jaya regency, Papua.
You might also like :
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- Pence says US to partner in Papua New Guinea military base
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- US politician stands to win election by one vote
- Govt looks to private employees to fill public jobs after 90 percent of applican...
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Number of missing in California fire soars past 1,000 as Trump set to visit
- 'Moral panic' targets Indonesia's LGBT community
- From Chanel to Gucci: Korean women turn into designer rent-a-holics