Orangutan trading syndicates uncovered
The Jakarta Post
Demand for protected species, including orangutans, on the black market has remained high despite the authorities’ continued campaign for their preservation.
Syndicates illegally trading in orangutans originating from Mount Leuser National Park (TNGL) have been uncovered following the recent seizure of five orangutans ready to be traded in Jakarta and Medan, North Sumatra.
- President Jokowi purchases custom motorcycle, boosts local businesses
- Satpol PP officer dies after being hit by airport train
- Airport trains no longer have single fare
- French founder strives to elevate Indonesian brand at Maison&Objet
- Europe brings on charm and blue skies to lure Chinese tourists
- Twitter says Russia-linked accounts more widespread
- Electronic parking meters on Jl Sabang to be reactivated
- Bekasi Police arrest alleged sexual abuser after three-month pursuit
- Tom Petty died of accidental overdose: family
- Facebook to let users rank 'trust' in news sources