Orangutan trading syndicates uncovered
The Jakarta Post
Demand for protected species, including orangutans, on the black market has remained high despite the authorities’ continued campaign for their preservation.
Syndicates illegally trading in orangutans originating from Mount Leuser National Park (TNGL) have been uncovered following the recent seizure of five orangutans ready to be traded in Jakarta and Medan, North Sumatra.
- EDITORIAL: Politics in Pertamina shakeup
- Danareksa eyes Rp 500 billion AUM from new ETF product
- Education ministry cancels anti-LGBT event
- Man dies of exhaustion on South Jakarta road
- Chiang Mai woman’s tattoo is ‘practical magic’
- Child beggar coordinators arrested in Depok
- Don't panic, minister says as rupiah weakens
- Big secrets, bumper box-office for 'Avengers: Infinity War'
- Setya Novanto e-ID graft case timeline
- Maria Simorangkir crowned Indonesian Idol 2018