Independence for whom?
As is their wont, the media reported on the joyous celebrations of the 71st anniversary of Indonesian independence all the way from the village head’s office to the State Palace. There was no lack of ingratiating columnists expounding all of the “accomplishments” of successive administrations.
So overwhelming was the joy that it left no place in our thoughts for the millions of Indon...
- Bali to develop offshore airport
- Novel Baswedan returns home
- Indonesia introduces tax data integration system to boost transparency
- Five feared dead, dozens buried in Brebes landslide
- Yogyakarta to transform into Indonesian Silicon Valley
- Provincial governments to maximize inter-province trade
- Winners of the 2018 Brit Awards
- Yogyakarta academicians call on MK chief justice to step down
- German arrested over alleged drug smuggling
- Briton arrested over alleged attempt to smuggle diazepam