Garuda aircraft skids off runway in Yogyakarta
The Jakarta Post
A Garuda Indonesia Boeing 737-800 airplane carrying 123 passengers from Jakarta to Yogyakarta skidded of the runway while landing at Adisutjipto Airport on Wednesday evening, a Garuda Indonesia official said.
“It happened at 7:42 p.m. when the rain was pouring hard. All passengers were safe,” vice president of corporate communications at Garuda Indonesia told The Jakarta Post Wednesday.
The pilots of the flight were Capt. Rio Kurnia and Aulia Riyani and five cabin crew members were on board.
He said the rain made the runway slippery. “The aircraft was still on the runway but we hoped it could be moved in an hour,” Benny said.
You might also like :
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- JT610 victim's bride takes wedding photo shoot without groom
- Government to issue new regulation on coal permits
- Indonesia to free Bali Nine drug smuggler Lawrence: Official
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Garuda to reopen Jakarta-London route
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire