Wahidin-Andika most popular candidates ahead of Banten election: Survey
The Jakarta Post
A new survey shows Banten gubernatorial and deputy gubernatorial candidates Wahidin Halim and Andika Hazrumy are the favored ticket ahead of the election, leaving behind their competitors, incumbent pair Rano Karno and Embay Mulya Syarif.
The Political Survey Institution (LSP), a Jakarta-based pollster, revealed in the survey that Wahidin and Andika enjoyed a 39.5-percent approval rating among respondents. Meanwhile, respondents with a favorable view of Rano and Embay amounted to 32.1 percent.
LSP researcher Syaf Zulkarnain said as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com that the political choice of the remaining 28.4 percent of respondents remained unknown, as they either said their decision was confidential or they did not yet know who they would choose. Some respondents also declined to answer, he added.
Given that the voter turnout in Banten was usually under 70 percent, Syaf said it was likely that undecided voters would be abstain from voting in the election.
The LSP said the survey involved 800 respondents and was conducted from Jan. 21 to Jan. 27. (ebf)
You might also like :
- Seoul Fashion Week ready for kickoff
- 17 missing students in North Sumatra flood rescued
- NTT to move immigrants to island near Australia
- US wants "regime change" in Iran: Rouhani
- KPK urged to be resolute in solving IndonesiaLeaks report case
- Lewinsky affair not an abuse of power, says Hillary Clinton
- Erdogan, Saudi king discuss case of missing journalist: Turkish presidency
- Delayed school entry good for mental health: Study
- #UninstallGojek trends after executive shows support for LGBT community
- The warning signs get stronger