Airline passengers arrested with 5.9 kg of methamphetamine
The Jakarta Post
Security officials at Soekarno-Hatta Airport in Banten have detained three men for allegedly carrying 5.9 kilograms of methamphetamine on Thursday.
Ridho, 25, Hendra, 27, and Toro, 35, were part of a group of five about to board a flight from Jakarta to Banjarmasin in South Kalimantan. “Seven packages covered in white duct tape were found to contain drugs,” Soekarno-Hatta Airport aviation security senior manager Tommy was quoted as saying by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
At first, the security personnel were reportedly looking for a missing wristwatch that CCTV footage showed to have ended up in the hands of Hendra.
The officers then called on Hendra to have his belongings scanned through the X-ray machine. He and the others in his group apparently raised the officers’ suspicion as they looked frightened. The officers then searched their bags and allegedly found the drugs.
The suspects were brought to airport police for further investigation. (dea)
You might also like :
- Another phreatic eruption reported at Mt. Merapi
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- Global warming may have 'devastating' effects on rice: Study
- BTS’ new album shows what truly matters
- Amnesty highlights sex
- Gun control support fades three months after Florida massacre: Poll
- Macron in Russia for high
- China fines Muji for packaging that lists Taiwan as a country
- Scientists discover how breast cancer hibernates: Study
- Women paid more than men for same job in Indonesia: Global survey