Airline passengers arrested with 5.9 kg of methamphetamine
The Jakarta Post
Security officials at Soekarno-Hatta Airport in Banten have detained three men for allegedly carrying 5.9 kilograms of methamphetamine on Thursday.
Ridho, 25, Hendra, 27, and Toro, 35, were part of a group of five about to board a flight from Jakarta to Banjarmasin in South Kalimantan. “Seven packages covered in white duct tape were found to contain drugs,” Soekarno-Hatta Airport aviation security senior manager Tommy was quoted as saying by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
At first, the security personnel were reportedly looking for a missing wristwatch that CCTV footage showed to have ended up in the hands of Hendra.
The officers then called on Hendra to have his belongings scanned through the X-ray machine. He and the others in his group apparently raised the officers’ suspicion as they looked frightened. The officers then searched their bags and allegedly found the drugs.
The suspects were brought to airport police for further investigation. (dea)
You might also like :
- Indonesia prepares company to manage Freeport
- Rihanna is named Harvard University Humanitarian of the Year
- Bandung terrorist suspect was 'recidivist': Police
- Freeport needs to stand up to Indonesia over the CoW issue
- NGO urges King Salman not to forget his promises to crane victims
- Indonesian woman shocked to find kidney had been removed after working in Qatar
- Philippine militants release video of German's beheading
- Anies, Ahok to face off in second round: KPU Jakarta
- Indonesia can embrace clean energy amid cheaper renewables, says UK climate envoy
- Bandung civil servants recount terror attack