Airline passengers arrested with 5.9 kg of methamphetamine
The Jakarta Post
Security officials at Soekarno-Hatta Airport in Banten have detained three men for allegedly carrying 5.9 kilograms of methamphetamine on Thursday.
Ridho, 25, Hendra, 27, and Toro, 35, were part of a group of five about to board a flight from Jakarta to Banjarmasin in South Kalimantan. “Seven packages covered in white duct tape were found to contain drugs,” Soekarno-Hatta Airport aviation security senior manager Tommy was quoted as saying by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
At first, the security personnel were reportedly looking for a missing wristwatch that CCTV footage showed to have ended up in the hands of Hendra.
The officers then called on Hendra to have his belongings scanned through the X-ray machine. He and the others in his group apparently raised the officers’ suspicion as they looked frightened. The officers then searched their bags and allegedly found the drugs.
The suspects were brought to airport police for further investigation. (dea)
You might also like :
- Indonesian magician The Sacred Riana is crowned winner of Asia's Got Talent Season 2
- Yogyakarta airport developers warned not to ‘steal’ people’s land
- In first, SpaceX launches recycled rocket and spaceship
- 2 killed, 7 injured in Java quake: Agency
- Foundation documents culinary heritage via smartphone app
- H&M says to close more stores as customers go online
- Saudi women will also be allowed to drive motorcycles
- Jakarta transportation operators to rejuvenate fleets
- Police arrest doctor for alleged hate speech against TNI chief
- Oil and gas lifting to fall slightly short of target