Airline passengers arrested with 5.9 kg of methamphetamine
The Jakarta Post
Security officials at Soekarno-Hatta Airport in Banten have detained three men for allegedly carrying 5.9 kilograms of methamphetamine on Thursday.
Ridho, 25, Hendra, 27, and Toro, 35, were part of a group of five about to board a flight from Jakarta to Banjarmasin in South Kalimantan. “Seven packages covered in white duct tape were found to contain drugs,” Soekarno-Hatta Airport aviation security senior manager Tommy was quoted as saying by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
At first, the security personnel were reportedly looking for a missing wristwatch that CCTV footage showed to have ended up in the hands of Hendra.
The officers then called on Hendra to have his belongings scanned through the X-ray machine. He and the others in his group apparently raised the officers’ suspicion as they looked frightened. The officers then searched their bags and allegedly found the drugs.
The suspects were brought to airport police for further investigation. (dea)
You might also like :
- Baby Donald Trump causes a stir in Afghanistan
- Australia hopes Indonesia will join TPP-11
- Turnbull lauds Jokowi's leadership, calls him 'role model'
- Xi gets second term with powerful ally as VP
- LIPI researcher looks to curcumin, gold to treat cancer
- Immigration officers detain overstaying foreigners, fraudsters
- Russia expels 23 British diplomats in spy poisoning row
- Suharto's youngest son in new push to get into Indonesian politics
- Three must-see North Maluku festivals
- Rohingya returnees won't be kept in camps 'forever': Myanmar official