Airline passengers arrested with 5.9 kg of methamphetamine
The Jakarta Post
Security officials at Soekarno-Hatta Airport in Banten have detained three men for allegedly carrying 5.9 kilograms of methamphetamine on Thursday.
Ridho, 25, Hendra, 27, and Toro, 35, were part of a group of five about to board a flight from Jakarta to Banjarmasin in South Kalimantan. “Seven packages covered in white duct tape were found to contain drugs,” Soekarno-Hatta Airport aviation security senior manager Tommy was quoted as saying by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
At first, the security personnel were reportedly looking for a missing wristwatch that CCTV footage showed to have ended up in the hands of Hendra.
The officers then called on Hendra to have his belongings scanned through the X-ray machine. He and the others in his group apparently raised the officers’ suspicion as they looked frightened. The officers then searched their bags and allegedly found the drugs.
The suspects were brought to airport police for further investigation. (dea)
You might also like :
- Ahok mania spreads far beyond Jakarta
- And now, Indosat website hacked
- Jokowi, Suu Kyi discuss Rohingya crisis
- Rohingya crisis could affect ASEAN stability: Jokowi
- Jokowi campaigns for peace, stability on Korean Peninsula
- Myanmar complies with int’l recommendations on Rohingya crisis: Suu Kyi
- Campaign highlights importance of fish consumption
- Wonderful Indonesia to participate in Malaysia International Dive Expo 2017
- Thousands of workers to join May Day rally in Jakarta
- West Sulawesi struggles to improve education, health