Airline passengers arrested with 5.9 kg of methamphetamine
The Jakarta Post
Security officials at Soekarno-Hatta Airport in Banten have detained three men for allegedly carrying 5.9 kilograms of methamphetamine on Thursday.
Ridho, 25, Hendra, 27, and Toro, 35, were part of a group of five about to board a flight from Jakarta to Banjarmasin in South Kalimantan. “Seven packages covered in white duct tape were found to contain drugs,” Soekarno-Hatta Airport aviation security senior manager Tommy was quoted as saying by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
At first, the security personnel were reportedly looking for a missing wristwatch that CCTV footage showed to have ended up in the hands of Hendra.
The officers then called on Hendra to have his belongings scanned through the X-ray machine. He and the others in his group apparently raised the officers’ suspicion as they looked frightened. The officers then searched their bags and allegedly found the drugs.
The suspects were brought to airport police for further investigation. (dea)
You might also like :
- Obama, entourage arrive in Yogyakarta
- Soekarno-Hatta expects 5m airline passengers over Idul Fitri
- Sandiaga Uno to establish sharia tourism zone in Jakarta
- Government to flood market with frozen buffalo meat
- Myanmar journalists charged, held in jail for covering armed group
- 152 sent home after undergoing deradicalization program
- Dead woman found near elephant cage at Ragunan Zoo
- Ragunan Zoo to monitor animals for stress
- XL Axiata records 218% increase in data services
- Monas packed by Idul Fitri holidaymakers