Poor families in Depok to receive monthly coupons
The Jakarta Post
At least 36,400 low-income families in Depok, West Java, will receive coupons valued at Rp 110,000 (US$8.25) per month to buy staple food like rice and sugar at the administration’s e-Warong electronic store.
Depok’s Economic Secretariat head Dwi Rahma said Thursday that the city administration would cooperate with lenders to top up the coupons every month.
The program that distributes social assistance through an electronic system was initiated by the Social Affairs Ministry last year.
E-Warong is an official grocery store designed to serve social assistance beneficiaries, in which all commodities offered by the shop will be supplied by the State Logistics Agency (Bulog).
“Coupons can be used at e-Warong to get about 10 kilograms of rice per month. It can also be used to purchase sugar and other commodities,” she said as quoted by wartakotalive.com.
Dwi assured that every subdistrict in Depok would have an e-Warong. (vny)
You might also like :
- Ahok withdraws appeal
- Jokowi bestows highest medal to Swedish king
- Vietnamese, Indonesian patrol boats square off in Natuna waters
- Jokowi, Kalla are fine, says Luhut
- Police lambasted for treatment of men arrested at alleged sex party
- Indonesian CEOs seek balanced life for family, careers
- Government needs to focus on Inflation control: Bank Indonesia
- J-pop star Ayumi Hamasaki is going completely deaf
- EDITORIAL: Violent rhetoric's slippery slope
- Jakarta, Seoul tighten bonds as sister cities