Poor families in Depok to receive monthly coupons
The Jakarta Post
At least 36,400 low-income families in Depok, West Java, will receive coupons valued at Rp 110,000 (US$8.25) per month to buy staple food like rice and sugar at the administration’s e-Warong electronic store.
Depok’s Economic Secretariat head Dwi Rahma said Thursday that the city administration would cooperate with lenders to top up the coupons every month.
The program that distributes social assistance through an electronic system was initiated by the Social Affairs Ministry last year.
E-Warong is an official grocery store designed to serve social assistance beneficiaries, in which all commodities offered by the shop will be supplied by the State Logistics Agency (Bulog).
“Coupons can be used at e-Warong to get about 10 kilograms of rice per month. It can also be used to purchase sugar and other commodities,” she said as quoted by wartakotalive.com.
Dwi assured that every subdistrict in Depok would have an e-Warong. (vny)
You might also like :
- Golkar to announce candidates for 2018 regional elections this month
- 'Wiro Sableng 212' strives to define Indonesian films
- SM Entertainment releases statement over Taeyeon's airport incident
- SEA Games Malaysia: Agus Prayogo wins men’s marathon silver
- Rizieq wants to go home after being questioned in Saudi
- Anambas Islands to finish airport expansion in September
- Jokowi signs election bill into law
- Prison expansion sought to solve overcrowding problem
- Lombok to host Ampenan Old Town Cultural Festival
- Four university staff, students suspected as HTI supporters