Poor families in Depok to receive monthly coupons
The Jakarta Post
At least 36,400 low-income families in Depok, West Java, will receive coupons valued at Rp 110,000 (US$8.25) per month to buy staple food like rice and sugar at the administration’s e-Warong electronic store.
Depok’s Economic Secretariat head Dwi Rahma said Thursday that the city administration would cooperate with lenders to top up the coupons every month.
The program that distributes social assistance through an electronic system was initiated by the Social Affairs Ministry last year.
E-Warong is an official grocery store designed to serve social assistance beneficiaries, in which all commodities offered by the shop will be supplied by the State Logistics Agency (Bulog).
“Coupons can be used at e-Warong to get about 10 kilograms of rice per month. It can also be used to purchase sugar and other commodities,” she said as quoted by wartakotalive.com.
Dwi assured that every subdistrict in Depok would have an e-Warong. (vny)
You might also like :
- Christie's to auction rare watch once owned by Egyptian king
- Canned sardines contaminated with thread worms, BPOM confirms
- PDI-P strengthens ties with Golkar
- Freeport has cost $13 billion losses in environmental damage, says BPK
- Tax office eyes 14m taxpayers' annual reports this year
- E-cigarettes more likely to get people started on smoking: Study
- Brunei, Indonesia work on new hybrid paddy varieties
- Jakarta to see medium rain but remain hot during equinox
- Marine personnel rebuild roads, houses ahead of naval exercises
- Piles of trash continue to flow onto Tangerang shore