Poor families in Depok to receive monthly coupons
The Jakarta Post
At least 36,400 low-income families in Depok, West Java, will receive coupons valued at Rp 110,000 (US$8.25) per month to buy staple food like rice and sugar at the administration’s e-Warong electronic store.
Depok’s Economic Secretariat head Dwi Rahma said Thursday that the city administration would cooperate with lenders to top up the coupons every month.
The program that distributes social assistance through an electronic system was initiated by the Social Affairs Ministry last year.
E-Warong is an official grocery store designed to serve social assistance beneficiaries, in which all commodities offered by the shop will be supplied by the State Logistics Agency (Bulog).
“Coupons can be used at e-Warong to get about 10 kilograms of rice per month. It can also be used to purchase sugar and other commodities,” she said as quoted by wartakotalive.com.
Dwi assured that every subdistrict in Depok would have an e-Warong. (vny)
You might also like :
- Indonesian magician The Sacred Riana is crowned winner of Asia's Got Talent Season 2
- Yogyakarta airport developers warned not to ‘steal’ people’s land
- In first, SpaceX launches recycled rocket and spaceship
- Foundation documents culinary heritage via smartphone app
- Jakarta transportation operators to rejuvenate fleets
- Saudi women will also be allowed to drive motorcycles
- West Java residents return to their homes after deadly tremor
- Police arrest doctor for alleged hate speech against TNI chief
- 2 killed, 7 injured in Java quake: Agency
- H&M says to close more stores as customers go online