Veteran economist Satrio Budihardjo "Billy" Joedono dies at 84
The Jakarta Post
Veteran economist and former trade minister Satrio Budihardjo "Billy" Joedono passed away on Sunday. He was 84 years old.
Billy was buried at the Giritama Tonjong Cemetery in Parung, West Java.
“He had received treatment at Medistra Hospital for 10 years,” Billy’s secretary, Rubijanto, said on Monday as quoted by tempo.co.
He was born in Pangkalpinang, Bangka Belitung, on Dec.1, 1932.
Billy was trade minister during Soeharto's New Order regime. He served as trade minister from 1993 to 1995. He chaired the Supreme Audit Agency (BPK) from 1998 until 2004.
He was also a member of the advisory council of the Habibie Center in Jakarta. (mar/bbs)
- BTS presents tearful, beautiful finale of ‘Wings’ tour in Seoul
- Foreign prisoner escapes from Kerobokan prison
- Online shops not causing closure of retail outlets: BPS
- Floods, toppled trees disrupt Transjakarta services
- Heavy rainfall in Jakarta topples trees, disrupts traffic
- Jakarta administration criticized for not uploading meeting videos
- Qatar interested in investing in Mandalika tourism zone: Luhut
- Heavy rainfall unanticipated, says BPBD
- ‘Wonder’, a wonderfully heartwarming film for all
- Chengdu tops list as China's happiest city