Veteran economist Satrio Budihardjo "Billy" Joedono dies at 84
The Jakarta Post
Veteran economist and former trade minister Satrio Budihardjo "Billy" Joedono passed away on Sunday. He was 84 years old.
Billy was buried at the Giritama Tonjong Cemetery in Parung, West Java.
“He had received treatment at Medistra Hospital for 10 years,” Billy’s secretary, Rubijanto, said on Monday as quoted by tempo.co.
He was born in Pangkalpinang, Bangka Belitung, on Dec.1, 1932.
Billy was trade minister during Soeharto's New Order regime. He served as trade minister from 1993 to 1995. He chaired the Supreme Audit Agency (BPK) from 1998 until 2004.
He was also a member of the advisory council of the Habibie Center in Jakarta. (mar/bbs)
- Ahok faces threats in Cipinang prison: Warden
- Two Bali foreign inmates caught in Timor Leste
- Prosecutors in e-ID case demand former Home Ministry officials be jailed
- How embargo affects Qatar investment in Indonesia
- Batam, Yokohama to collaborate in urban development projects
- Facebook gets Indonesia nod for local unit
- Bank Indonesia sets chip technology standard for ATMs, debit cards
- East Jakarta robbery gang well managed: Police
- Beijing's new mega airport will challenge Air China's dominance
- Most crimes in Jakarta committed by youngsters: Research