Veteran economist Satrio Budihardjo "Billy" Joedono dies at 84
The Jakarta Post
Veteran economist and former trade minister Satrio Budihardjo "Billy" Joedono passed away on Sunday. He was 84 years old.
Billy was buried at the Giritama Tonjong Cemetery in Parung, West Java.
“He had received treatment at Medistra Hospital for 10 years,” Billy’s secretary, Rubijanto, said on Monday as quoted by tempo.co.
He was born in Pangkalpinang, Bangka Belitung, on Dec.1, 1932.
Billy was trade minister during Soeharto's New Order regime. He served as trade minister from 1993 to 1995. He chaired the Supreme Audit Agency (BPK) from 1998 until 2004.
He was also a member of the advisory council of the Habibie Center in Jakarta. (mar/bbs)
- Jokowi bestows highest medal to Swedish king
- Ahok withdraws appeal
- Police lambasted for treatment of men arrested at alleged sex party
- Vietnamese, Indonesian patrol boats square off in Natuna waters
- EDITORIAL: Violent rhetoric's slippery slope
- Government needs to focus on Inflation control: Bank Indonesia
- J-pop star Ayumi Hamasaki is going completely deaf
- Jokowi, Kalla are fine, says Luhut
- Jakarta, Seoul tighten bonds as sister cities
- Indonesian CEOs seek balanced life for family, careers