Veteran economist Satrio Budihardjo "Billy" Joedono dies at 84
The Jakarta Post
Veteran economist and former trade minister Satrio Budihardjo "Billy" Joedono passed away on Sunday. He was 84 years old.
Billy was buried at the Giritama Tonjong Cemetery in Parung, West Java.
“He had received treatment at Medistra Hospital for 10 years,” Billy’s secretary, Rubijanto, said on Monday as quoted by tempo.co.
He was born in Pangkalpinang, Bangka Belitung, on Dec.1, 1932.
Billy was trade minister during Soeharto's New Order regime. He served as trade minister from 1993 to 1995. He chaired the Supreme Audit Agency (BPK) from 1998 until 2004.
He was also a member of the advisory council of the Habibie Center in Jakarta. (mar/bbs)
- Indonesia's digital policy lacking focus
- Number of rejected Schengen visa applications for Indonesia increases
- Philippines closes Boracay to tourists under high security
- Human rights at risk for ASEAN citizens
- Anger as Fiji tourism ad swaps 'church' for 'toilet'
- ‘Stranger Things’ coming to Universal Studios Singapore
- Nod for 'Jack Ryan' season 2
- Headscarved students banned from performing 'gambyong' dance
- Electric cars made by Indonesian students featured at Jakarta motor show
- May Day march to concentrate on Monas area