Veteran economist Satrio Budihardjo "Billy" Joedono dies at 84
The Jakarta Post
Veteran economist and former trade minister Satrio Budihardjo "Billy" Joedono passed away on Sunday. He was 84 years old.
Billy was buried at the Giritama Tonjong Cemetery in Parung, West Java.
“He had received treatment at Medistra Hospital for 10 years,” Billy’s secretary, Rubijanto, said on Monday as quoted by tempo.co.
He was born in Pangkalpinang, Bangka Belitung, on Dec.1, 1932.
Billy was trade minister during Soeharto's New Order regime. He served as trade minister from 1993 to 1995. He chaired the Supreme Audit Agency (BPK) from 1998 until 2004.
He was also a member of the advisory council of the Habibie Center in Jakarta. (mar/bbs)
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Commentary: Another side of the elderly: You reap what you sow
- Empty Jakarta during Idul Fitri serves as Instagrammable photo opportunity
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan dies aged 62
- One dead, five wounded in Malmo shooting: police
- Tourism's fatal warning
- BREAKING: Boat with 80 passengers capsizes in Lake Toba