14 trawlers catch fire in Pati
The Jakarta Post
Fourteen trawlers caught fire in Selogonggo River in Pati, Central Java, on Saturday, wounding three fishermen, according to preliminary findings from the Pati Police.
Two victims, Edi Siswanto, 28, and Karbani, 45, were dispatched to Karyadi Hospital in Semarang, while Supardi, 48, is undergoing a medical treatment at Budi Agung Hospital in Juwana.
Firefighters and medical personnel faced obstacles reaching the site due to poor road conditions, which could not accommodate fire trucks and ambulances.
The blaze was believed to have started by welding activities on one of the vessels, according to Pati Police. (bbs)
- Teacher charged with child abuse for slapping students
- Garuda Indonesia's Kartini Flight features all-female pilots, cabin crew, groundcrew
- School accuses travel agency of fraud
- Indonesia considers joining TPP-11
- North Korea's Kim promises no more nuclear or missile tests
- Ants that 'explode' to fight foes discovered on Borneo
- Janelle Monae plans dystopian film to accompany album
- Bootleg liquor claims more lives in Bekasi
- The charm of Disney on Ice
- New York to ban cars from Manhattan's Central Park