14 trawlers catch fire in Pati
The Jakarta Post
Fourteen trawlers caught fire in Selogonggo River in Pati, Central Java, on Saturday, wounding three fishermen, according to preliminary findings from the Pati Police.
Two victims, Edi Siswanto, 28, and Karbani, 45, were dispatched to Karyadi Hospital in Semarang, while Supardi, 48, is undergoing a medical treatment at Budi Agung Hospital in Juwana.
Firefighters and medical personnel faced obstacles reaching the site due to poor road conditions, which could not accommodate fire trucks and ambulances.
The blaze was believed to have started by welding activities on one of the vessels, according to Pati Police. (bbs)
- Beware the dangers of pre-cooked meals
- Four cities in Indonesia where you can travel by foot
- Korean comedy-drama sparks uproar for 'disrespecting Islam'
- Another cargo plane skids off runway in Papua
- WhatsApp adds Picture-in-Picture feature on Android 8.0
- Six ITB students injured by crumbling pillar
- Foreign tourists flocked to Penyengat Island Festival 2017
- Wonderful Indonesia Festival 2017 to grace Manila
- Jember crowned Indonesia's Carnival City
- Danilo completes Man City move