14 trawlers catch fire in Pati
The Jakarta Post
Fourteen trawlers caught fire in Selogonggo River in Pati, Central Java, on Saturday, wounding three fishermen, according to preliminary findings from the Pati Police.
Two victims, Edi Siswanto, 28, and Karbani, 45, were dispatched to Karyadi Hospital in Semarang, while Supardi, 48, is undergoing a medical treatment at Budi Agung Hospital in Juwana.
Firefighters and medical personnel faced obstacles reaching the site due to poor road conditions, which could not accommodate fire trucks and ambulances.
The blaze was believed to have started by welding activities on one of the vessels, according to Pati Police. (bbs)
- Don't be afraid to come to Bali: Minister
- GenPI West Sumatra to host Siti Nurbaya Market
- Indonesia Tempeh Movement's Amadeus gives talk at Harvard Business School
- Jokowi appoints Robert Pakpahan as new tax chief
- Anies invited to ‘anti-Ahok’ 212 Rally Alumni gathering
- Indonesia, South Korea initiate plan to develop electric car battery
- Drone flown over Mount Agung to detect volcanic activity
- 'Real Bali' as Western construct: Rethinking tourism's 'ruination' of Bali
- Researchers spot interstellar visitor
- How social media is polarizing politics