14 trawlers catch fire in Pati
The Jakarta Post
Fourteen trawlers caught fire in Selogonggo River in Pati, Central Java, on Saturday, wounding three fishermen, according to preliminary findings from the Pati Police.
Two victims, Edi Siswanto, 28, and Karbani, 45, were dispatched to Karyadi Hospital in Semarang, while Supardi, 48, is undergoing a medical treatment at Budi Agung Hospital in Juwana.
Firefighters and medical personnel faced obstacles reaching the site due to poor road conditions, which could not accommodate fire trucks and ambulances.
The blaze was believed to have started by welding activities on one of the vessels, according to Pati Police. (bbs)
- Let them eat quinoa: Malaysian PM mocked for being out of touch
- Study to challenge claim Indonesia second-biggest marine polluter
- BREAKING: PDI-P officially endorses Jokowi for 2019 presidential election
- Booking.com reveals most affordable months to travel
- Katy Perry: Her vibes on Jakarta's energy
- Two injured in Louisiana university shooting
- Anies remains tight-lipped after being reported to police
- Turkey navy 'threatens force' against Italy drillship: Cyprus
- In one tweet, Kylie Jenner wiped out $1.3 billion of Snap’s market value
- Kaum Jakarta named capital's restaurant of the year