14 trawlers catch fire in Pati
The Jakarta Post
Fourteen trawlers caught fire in Selogonggo River in Pati, Central Java, on Saturday, wounding three fishermen, according to preliminary findings from the Pati Police.
Two victims, Edi Siswanto, 28, and Karbani, 45, were dispatched to Karyadi Hospital in Semarang, while Supardi, 48, is undergoing a medical treatment at Budi Agung Hospital in Juwana.
Firefighters and medical personnel faced obstacles reaching the site due to poor road conditions, which could not accommodate fire trucks and ambulances.
The blaze was believed to have started by welding activities on one of the vessels, according to Pati Police. (bbs)
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- We deserve more choices
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- US centers force migrant children to take drugs -lawsuit
- Wiji Thukul's daughter heals tragedy with poetry
- Traveler forgets father at rest stop upon return from Lebaran holiday