Eight-year-old girl attacked, killed by her family’s pit bull
The Jakarta Post
A family dog is the main suspect behind the death of Ramisya Bazighah, 8, who was found lying in her house's front yard in Lowokwaru in Malang, East Java with a severe wound to her neck on Sunday.
Malang Police chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Hariudin Hasibuan said no suspect had been named as investigators were still waiting for statements from a veterinarian.
Local neighborhood unit (RT) head Titin Utamingsih said Ramisya had been being looked after by her grandmother. “When her grandmother was praying, she heard the girl screaming from the front yard where the dog’s cage was located,” Titin said.
The cage was open but the white-colored pit bull was chained, she said.
Read also: Singaporean tourist bitten by Komodo dragon
The grandmother rushed over and discovered the girl had been attacked by the dog. She screamed for help and neighbors came, Titin explained.
Adj. First Insp. Imam Muhson Ridho, the head Malang Police’s K-9 police dog unit, said the eight-year-old dog was evacuated and later sent to a pit bull lovers community who would temporarily take care of the animal.
“When I found the dog, it was in good condition and seemed to be well trained,” he said. (bbs)
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- Malaysia issues arrest warrants for ex-1MDB executives
- Thailand's cave boys wake up at home for first time in weeks
- Indonesia sees 7 brutal animal killings in 2018
- Rapes and beatings: The torments of South Korea's young athletes
- Joey Alexander’s new music video showcases the beauty of Bali
- Russian 'agent' held on charges of seeking to infiltrate US govt
- BMKG warns of high waves around Lombok
- China seizes 156 mammoth tusks in huge ivory haul