Eight-year-old girl attacked, killed by her family’s pit bull
The Jakarta Post
A family dog is the main suspect behind the death of Ramisya Bazighah, 8, who was found lying in her house's front yard in Lowokwaru in Malang, East Java with a severe wound to her neck on Sunday.
Malang Police chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Hariudin Hasibuan said no suspect had been named as investigators were still waiting for statements from a veterinarian.
Local neighborhood unit (RT) head Titin Utamingsih said Ramisya had been being looked after by her grandmother. “When her grandmother was praying, she heard the girl screaming from the front yard where the dog’s cage was located,” Titin said.
The cage was open but the white-colored pit bull was chained, she said.
Read also: Singaporean tourist bitten by Komodo dragon
The grandmother rushed over and discovered the girl had been attacked by the dog. She screamed for help and neighbors came, Titin explained.
Adj. First Insp. Imam Muhson Ridho, the head Malang Police’s K-9 police dog unit, said the eight-year-old dog was evacuated and later sent to a pit bull lovers community who would temporarily take care of the animal.
“When I found the dog, it was in good condition and seemed to be well trained,” he said. (bbs)
- Why a few drops of water make whisky taste better
- Police question Rizieq in Saudi Arabia: Tito
- Tatjana's photo with Korean heartthrob Gong Yoo makes netizens jealous
- Girls’ Generation’s Taeyeon shared message over airport incident
- Trump will resign, his ghostwriter predicts
- Government to spend Rp 404t on infrastructure projects in 2018
- South Sulawesi mayor-elect faces police questioning in Jakarta
- Singapore gets a taste of commuting chaos as trains fail
- Sri Mulyani claims tax revenue target realistic
- Status: Online, but not present