Eight-year-old girl attacked, killed by her family’s pit bull
The Jakarta Post
A family dog is the main suspect behind the death of Ramisya Bazighah, 8, who was found lying in her house's front yard in Lowokwaru in Malang, East Java with a severe wound to her neck on Sunday.
Malang Police chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Hariudin Hasibuan said no suspect had been named as investigators were still waiting for statements from a veterinarian.
Local neighborhood unit (RT) head Titin Utamingsih said Ramisya had been being looked after by her grandmother. “When her grandmother was praying, she heard the girl screaming from the front yard where the dog’s cage was located,” Titin said.
The cage was open but the white-colored pit bull was chained, she said.
Read also: Singaporean tourist bitten by Komodo dragon
The grandmother rushed over and discovered the girl had been attacked by the dog. She screamed for help and neighbors came, Titin explained.
Adj. First Insp. Imam Muhson Ridho, the head Malang Police’s K-9 police dog unit, said the eight-year-old dog was evacuated and later sent to a pit bull lovers community who would temporarily take care of the animal.
“When I found the dog, it was in good condition and seemed to be well trained,” he said. (bbs)
- Thousands sign petition against sentence for Malaysian who abused maid
- Bottled water meets quality standards: BPOM
- Saudi Arabia beheads Indonesian worker despite Jokowi’s pleas for clemency
- Missing giant yellow duck found in Australia
- Anies issues regulation simplifying process of shutting down entertainment spots
- Why the rich in Jakarta have better access to water than the poor
- No condoms or cigarettes sold at Muslim convenience store in Depok
- Singapore Airlines warns customers against air tickets scam
- Residents clash with police personnel in land execution in C. Sulawesi
- Earthquake strikes Banten, tremors felt in Jakarta