Eight-year-old girl attacked, killed by her family’s pit bull
The Jakarta Post
A family dog is the main suspect behind the death of Ramisya Bazighah, 8, who was found lying in her house's front yard in Lowokwaru in Malang, East Java with a severe wound to her neck on Sunday.
Malang Police chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Hariudin Hasibuan said no suspect had been named as investigators were still waiting for statements from a veterinarian.
Local neighborhood unit (RT) head Titin Utamingsih said Ramisya had been being looked after by her grandmother. “When her grandmother was praying, she heard the girl screaming from the front yard where the dog’s cage was located,” Titin said.
The cage was open but the white-colored pit bull was chained, she said.
Read also: Singaporean tourist bitten by Komodo dragon
The grandmother rushed over and discovered the girl had been attacked by the dog. She screamed for help and neighbors came, Titin explained.
Adj. First Insp. Imam Muhson Ridho, the head Malang Police’s K-9 police dog unit, said the eight-year-old dog was evacuated and later sent to a pit bull lovers community who would temporarily take care of the animal.
“When I found the dog, it was in good condition and seemed to be well trained,” he said. (bbs)
- BTS’ ‘DNA’ enters Billboard’s 100 Best Songs of 2017
- Indonesian court rejects petition to outlaw premarital, gay sex
- Bali still safe for tourists: Governor
- Court ruling on extramarital, gay sex draws mixed reactions from netizens
- Indonesia under threat of deviant sexual practices: IPB professor
- Quebec probes ban on women at construction sites near mosques
- Indonesia's asbestos 'time bomb'
- City council building façade bulges out causing closure of footpath
- Pertamina to upgrade 3 refineries for processing sour crude oil
- Contemporary Minang dance praised in Vienna