NTB governor, Central Lombok regent get Baznas Awards
The Jakarta Post
West Nusa Tenggara (NTB) Governor Muhammad Zainul Majdi has received the 2017 Baznas Award for Best Governor, while Central Lombok Regent Suhaili Fadil Tohir wins in the Best Regent category.
The awards were given by the National Zakat Agency (Baznas) to local leaders and corporations considered active and consistent in promoting zakat (Islamic alms).
NTB provincial administration spokesman Irnadi said the awards were presented by Home Ministry secretary-general Yuswandi A. Temenggung and Baznas chairman Bambang Sudibyo at the Religious Affairs Ministry in Jakarta on Friday.
“Governor Zainul has shown commitment to promoting Baznas’s programs in NTB,” Irnadi said in Mataram on Saturday.
Bambang said he hoped the awards could motivate other regional leaders and corporations to support zakat nationwide. (bbs)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Passenger demands window seat, gets amusing response from flight attendant
- 21 companies to relocate factories from Karawang over high wages
- Macron the latest US ally insulted by Trump