Innovators must be prepared to compete to secure funding
The Jakarta Post
As many as 685 digital banking innovations were created within 24 hours by 60 selected teams taking part in the 2017 BCA Financial Hackaton in Sentul, Bogor, on Sunday.
The organizers of the event selected eight teams to present their ideas in front of the BCA board of directors.
BCA president director Jahja Setiaatmadja told participants that innovators had to be ready to face tough competition in trying to secure funding because only innovations that offered efficiency in businesses would attract funding.
“There are many brilliant ideas, but not all of them will get funding. You need to create innovations that attract investors,” Jahja said during the event.Read also: BCA provides chat-based assistant as alternative to call center
QuickTap, a keyboard app that offers direct access to banking information, was announced the winner of the competition.
Earlier this year, BCA established capital venture firm PT Central Capital Ventura (CCV) to increase penetration into the financial technology (fintech) business.
The shareholders of the firm are BCA and its subsidiary multifinance company PT BCA Finance with Rp 200 billion (US$15 million) in capital. BCA deputy president director Armand Hartono said, however, that the capital venture firm had yet to commit to funding any startup, saying it had yet to find a startup worth financing. (dis/bbn)
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Instagram co-founders step down from company: NYT
- China says can't hold US trade talks with 'knife to the throat'
- K-Pop stars BTS at UN urge world's youth to 'just speak yourself'
- 'Scandal' website portrays Sandiaga Uno as womanizer
- The Indonesian kid who stirs the Hollywood Bowl: Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Iran in the spotlight as Trump, Rouhani set for UN clash
- Transjakarta bus crashes to avoid hitting street sweeper