Online motorcycle taxi driver arrested for theft, murder in N. Jakarta flat
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Police have arrested Peri Sugianto, 27, an online motorcycle taxi driver, for the alleged murder of sales promoter Dini Oktaviani, 19, in her apartment in Laguna Tower, Penjaringan, North Jakarta.
Jakarta Police general crimes deputy chief Adj. Comr. Didik Sugiarto said the suspect killed Dini on Sept. 13 and that he was arrested on Thursday.
“Her family from Pangkal Pinang [in Bangka Belitung] could not contact her, so they visited her apartment, which was unlocked, and found her dead on Monday,” he said.
According to findings by the police, prior to the murder, Dini asked Peri to find moneylenders to borrow money.
He then allegedly killed her and took her valuables, including her phone and jewelry.
Jakarta Police automotive robberies head Adj. Sr. Comr. Antonius Agus said the suspect had known the victim since 2010.
He said that Peri had previously worked as a DJ at a nightspot and lived close to the victim's house in Kebon Jeruk, West Jakarta. The victim reportedly used Peri’s service as a motorcycle taxi driver.
Antonius said the motive behind the alleged murder related to debt.
Peri was charged under Article 365 of the Criminal Code (KUHP) on violent theft and Article 338 of the KUHP on murder, which carry a combined maximum sentence of 15 years' imprisonment. (dis/wit)
- Surfer severely mauled by shark in Australia
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Hummingbirds thrive at innovative Mexico gardens
- They played dead on the ground: Survivor recounts OPM massacre
- Prabowo answers all your burning questions in his little blue book
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- Garuda Indonesia takes passengers on trip to 1980s
- Women accuse famous Brazil spiritual 'healer' of sex abuse
- Sexual harassment in the sky: Hong Kong flight attendants fight back