Fire strikes police college in South Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
A fire broke out at the Police Staff College (PTIK) in Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta, on Monday morning.
No casualties have been reported so far.
South Jakarta Fire and Rescue Agency head Irwan said the flame started at 10:50 a.m. on the third floor of the students' dormitory.
"The fire started on the third floor and spread to the building's second floor," Irwan said in written statement on Monday.
He added that 17 firetrucks had been deployed and arrived to the scene five minutes after the fire started.
The agency was still investigating the cause of the fire, Irwan said. (fac)
- UK's official Brexit campaign fined, referred to police
- Government oversells PT Freeport Indonesia agreement
- Local residents slaughter 292 crocodiles in Sorong farm
- Indonesia among world’s less stressed countries
- Shell eyeing Indonesia's LNG market
- A guide to understanding the Freeport divestment deal
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Three candidates for Pertamina CEO submitted to President
- Indonesia, India sign business-to-business agreement on palm oil
- Blitar bans school from giving students homework