Fire strikes police college in South Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
A fire broke out at the Police Staff College (PTIK) in Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta, on Monday morning.
No casualties have been reported so far.
South Jakarta Fire and Rescue Agency head Irwan said the flame started at 10:50 a.m. on the third floor of the students' dormitory.
"The fire started on the third floor and spread to the building's second floor," Irwan said in written statement on Monday.
He added that 17 firetrucks had been deployed and arrived to the scene five minutes after the fire started.
The agency was still investigating the cause of the fire, Irwan said. (fac)
- Teacher charged with child abuse for slapping students
- Indonesia considers joining TPP-11
- Ants that 'explode' to fight foes discovered on Borneo
- Garuda Indonesia's Kartini Flight features all-female pilots, cabin crew, groundcrew
- Janelle Monae plans dystopian film to accompany album
- School accuses travel agency of fraud
- Bootleg liquor claims more lives in Bekasi
- North Korea's Kim promises no more nuclear or missile tests
- Papuans celebrate womanhood in mangrove forest
- New York to ban cars from Manhattan's Central Park