Fire strikes police college in South Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
A fire broke out at the Police Staff College (PTIK) in Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta, on Monday morning.
No casualties have been reported so far.
South Jakarta Fire and Rescue Agency head Irwan said the flame started at 10:50 a.m. on the third floor of the students' dormitory.
"The fire started on the third floor and spread to the building's second floor," Irwan said in written statement on Monday.
He added that 17 firetrucks had been deployed and arrived to the scene five minutes after the fire started.
The agency was still investigating the cause of the fire, Irwan said. (fac)
- Chris Hemsworth is done with being Thor ‘contractually’ after fourth movie
- Indonesia to auction 43 oil and gas blocks by March
- Jokowi calls on banks to expand credits to small businesses
- Post-reform ethnic Chinese paintings
- Australian Open: Tantrums, trolls and temperature tumbles
- Booby-trapped messaging apps used for spying: researchers
- 9 TED Talks to help you through your quarter-life crisis
- Student dies after being hit by Transjakarta bus
- Here's what Celine Dion's Diamond ticket will give you
- Indonesia, Bangladesh kick off pre-trade talks