Fire strikes police college in South Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
A fire broke out at the Police Staff College (PTIK) in Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta, on Monday morning.
No casualties have been reported so far.
South Jakarta Fire and Rescue Agency head Irwan said the flame started at 10:50 a.m. on the third floor of the students' dormitory.
"The fire started on the third floor and spread to the building's second floor," Irwan said in written statement on Monday.
He added that 17 firetrucks had been deployed and arrived to the scene five minutes after the fire started.
The agency was still investigating the cause of the fire, Irwan said. (fac)
- Me and my (porn) shadow: 'Spycam' epidemic seizes South Korea
- Setya Novanto pays $50,000 in restitution installment to KPK
- Moon, Kim get peace award from Indonesian community
- Four earthquakes strike off Canada's west coast
- Indonesian tourism set to beat Thailand in 5 years
- Suspected HTI flag burning sparks controversy among Muslims
- Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja stuns 'American Idol' judges
- Australia hits five Myanmar generals with sanctions
- Meikarta project abides by spatial regulation: Minister
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world