Fire strikes police college in South Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
A fire broke out at the Police Staff College (PTIK) in Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta, on Monday morning.
No casualties have been reported so far.
South Jakarta Fire and Rescue Agency head Irwan said the flame started at 10:50 a.m. on the third floor of the students' dormitory.
"The fire started on the third floor and spread to the building's second floor," Irwan said in written statement on Monday.
He added that 17 firetrucks had been deployed and arrived to the scene five minutes after the fire started.
The agency was still investigating the cause of the fire, Irwan said. (fac)
- PLN has signed contracts for power plants to generate 31,000 MW
- Anies, Sandiaga leave town
- Hundreds of residents escorted out of besieged Papuan villages
- Journalist named suspect over traffic accident involving Setya Novanto
- Victoria's Secret gala hits snag in China as model pulls out
- Pertamina says fuel prices need to be increased
- Jakarta least tolerant city in Indonesia: human rights group
- Paint thinner factory catches fire, no fatalities reported
- Album Review: 'Reputation' by Taylor Swift
- 'Despacito' sweeps Latin Grammys -- and heads to Asia