Analysis: Indonesia’s retail sector still promising despite slowdown
Nadia Kusuma Dewi
PREMIUM The slowdown in Indonesia’s retail sector remains a hot topic as recent data seems to be confirming the trend.Firstly, AC Nielsen’s report showed that the sales value of 55 categories of fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) products grew by 2.7 percent year-on-year (yoy) between January and September this year, lower than 9 percent yoy in the same period of 2016.The sluggish FMCG retail sales are...
- Indonesia's digital policy lacking focus
- Number of rejected Schengen visa applications for Indonesia increases
- Human rights at risk for ASEAN citizens
- Electric cars made by Indonesian students featured at Jakarta motor show
- Philippines closes Boracay to tourists under high security
- Headscarved students banned from performing 'gambyong' dance
- Anger as Fiji tourism ad swaps 'church' for 'toilet'
- New York Times' Weinstein investigation to be developed as film
- Nod for 'Jack Ryan' season 2
- Coal miner Indika to set aside 42% of profit as dividends