Anies loosens requirements on RT/RW accountability reports
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan has decided to loosen requirements for accountability reports submitted by neighborhood and community units (RT and RW) heads regarding the use of operational funds they receive from the city administration.
Anies earlier decided to increase the operational fund by Rp 500,000 for neighborhood (RT) and community units (RW), with each next year to receive Rp 2 million and Rp 2.5 million per month respectively.
While former Jakarta governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama required 30,407 RT and 2,732 RW heads to submit the reports to the city administration through sub-district heads every three months, Anies will only require them to submit the reports every six months to the RT and RW fora.
“As RT and RW heads are chosen by the residents, the city administration encourages them to routinely report the use of operational funds to the residents. The administration also hopes the residents will be proactive in monitoring the use of the money,” Anies said in a statement on Thursday.
In addition to reporting to residents, RT and RW heads must forward the reports to the sub-district heads, Anies said.
Before the 10th of each month, the sub-district heads will give the operational funds to RT and RW heads.
“The city administration will require accountability in the form of fund transfers [from sub-district heads to RT and RW heads] and receipts showing that RT and RW heads have received the money,” he said.
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Car hits pedestrians outside UK mosque in suspected hate crime
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Woodward's Trump book sells 1.1 million in first week
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Makassar mother named child abuse suspect
- Instant Noodle Longform