Countries to discuss democracy in international forum
The Jakarta Post
Baron Divavesi Waqa (AFP/Jewel Samad)Indonesia is set to kick off the 10th Bali Democracy Forum (BDF) in Tangerang on Thursday when delegations from 100 countries are to discuss how democracy could contribute to development around the world.
The annual two-day meetings, which were initiated in 2008 by then president Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, provide a forum for the governments of various co...
- Jakarta prepares traffic strategy for Asian Games
- Mt. Sinabung spews massive smoke-and-ash column
- Jakarta-Bandung railway project won’t meet target: Minister
- Anti-LGBT team established in Depok
- Tearful French skater's 'worst nightmare' after dress mishap
- IS ambush kills 27 pro-government fighters in Iraq
- Indonesia extends export recommendation for Freeport
- Emirates to launch new Dubai-Bali-Auckland service
- Myanmar seizes drugs and equipment worth $7 m in lab raid
- US man stole thumb of Chinese terracotta warrior statue