Countries to discuss democracy in international forum
The Jakarta Post
Baron Divavesi Waqa (AFP/Jewel Samad)Indonesia is set to kick off the 10th Bali Democracy Forum (BDF) in Tangerang on Thursday when delegations from 100 countries are to discuss how democracy could contribute to development around the world.
The annual two-day meetings, which were initiated in 2008 by then president Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, provide a forum for the governments of various co...
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- Police probe Jakarta officials on fatal Monas incident
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'