National Online Shopping Day eyes Rp 4.95t transactions
The Jakarta Post
National Online Shopping Day (Harbolnas), which will be held on Dec. 12, is eyeing Rp 4.95 trillion (US$365.9 million) in transactions, a 50 percent increase from last year’s sales of Rp 3.3 trillion, organizers have said.
The number of participating e-commerce firms is also up by 20 percent to 254 participants, with participants including noted marketplace Bukalapak, Lazada, fashion department store Mataharimall, hiking gear shop JalanPendaki and ticket seller BookMyShow.
The participants will offer discounts of up to 95 percent, excluding promotions from payment merchants and courier services, said Harbolnas organizing committee chairman Achmad Alkatiri in Jakarta on Wednesday, adding that other participants included pet shops and home décor providers.
He said organizers had partnered with research firm Nielsen to provide data on buyers.
“Other than that, this year is the first time we’re focusing on involving more MSMEs [micro, small and medium enterprises],” he said Wednesday.
The organizers plan to include a special local product corner starting next year to increase the proportion of local products sold online. Seven percent of purchased items in e-commerce are locally made currently, according to the Indonesian E-Commerce Associaiton (idEA). (bbn)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- Passenger demands window seat, gets amusing response from flight attendant
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Macron the latest US ally insulted by Trump
- US policeman fatally shoots black guard who detained gunman