Govt accused of deceit over hydropower projects
Viriya P. Singgih
The Jakarta Post
Hydropower developers have accused the government of misleading businesses when it backpedaled from a favorable policy to develop renewable energy, adding to a new list of regulatory uncertainties plaguing the energy sector.
The problem centered around a decision by several independent power producers (IPPs) to agree to the government’s demand to sign power purchase agreements (PPAs) wit...
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Jakpost guide to Pasar Modern Bintaro
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- This is why you’re sweating during sleep
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- Robin Williams possessions up for auction in New York
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter