Govt accused of deceit over hydropower projects
Viriya P. Singgih
The Jakarta Post
Hydropower developers have accused the government of misleading businesses when it backpedaled from a favorable policy to develop renewable energy, adding to a new list of regulatory uncertainties plaguing the energy sector.
The problem centered around a decision by several independent power producers (IPPs) to agree to the government’s demand to sign power purchase agreements (PPAs) wit...
- Bottled water meets quality standards: BPOM
- Thousands sign petition against sentence for Malaysian who abused maid
- Saudi Arabia beheads Indonesian worker despite Jokowi’s pleas for clemency
- Anies issues regulation simplifying process of shutting down entertainment spots
- No condoms or cigarettes sold at Muslim convenience store in Depok
- Earthquake strikes Banten, tremors felt in Jakarta
- Singapore Airlines warns customers against air tickets scam
- Indonesian short film on oil palm industry enters international festivals
- Residents clash with police personnel in land execution in C. Sulawesi
- US, Japan assist South Korea on historic summits with North Korea