Paltry number of Ok Otrip cards sold
The Jakarta Post
The cards for Jakarta's one-fare public transportation system called OK Otrip, one of Governor Anies Baswedan's campaign promises, have met with a poor response since they first went on sale on Saturday.
Up until Wednesday only 125 cards had been sold from a total of 5,000 provided by the city administration.
Commuter Syarifatun Nisa Nurdhi, 29, said on Thursday she had considered buying the card at the Harmoni Transjakarta bus station but decided to use a regular e-money card instead.
"There are [cooperative Koperasi Wahana Kalpika] KWK minivans operating near my house, so I thought of buying one. But I changed my mind because of the time limit," Nisa said, referring to the fact that the cards expire if the trip is not made within three hours of purchase.
Using the OK Otrip, passengers can travel across the capital using different modes of transportation for three hours by paying only Rp 5,000 (36 US cents).
Living in Pondok Ungu, Bekasi, West Java, Nisa regularly commutes to Kelapa Gading in North Jakarta using Transjakarta and online motorcycle taxis.
Earlier, KWK, whose drivers serve the Pulogadung, East Jakarta, to Grand Mall, Bekasi, route said its public minivans would be integrated into the system.
Currently the cards are sold at 12 bus stops including Grogol, Enggano, Lebak Bulus, Harmoni and Dukuh Atas 2.
Deputy Governor Sandiaga Uno said the poor sales performance was because of a lack of promotion. (dis/wit)
- SBY instructs Roy Suryo to shun media
- Saudi drafts drone regulation after security alarm
- Bridge collapses in Tegal, Central Java
- Afghan migrants go on rampage at Balikpapan detention center
- Introducing Indonesian coffee through ‘Ngopi Sore’ in Washington DC
- Say no to plastic straws, urges antiplastic campaign
- Jagorawi toll traffic under control thanks to odd-even policy: Jasa Marga
- Avicii death a coming-of-age in electronic music boom
- Toddler breaks leg in escalator accident in Bengkulu
- Sumatran tiger captured after 100 days of hunting