KPK questions Jambi governor in graft probe
The Jakarta Post
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) questioned Jambi Governor Zumi Zola on Friday as a witness in a bribery case pertaining to the deliberation of the province’s 2018 provincial budget.
“The governor will be questioned in our investigation into bribery suspect Saifudin,” the commission’s spokesman, Febri Diansyah, said as quoted by Antara.
Saifudin, a former Jambi administration official, along with three other suspects, has been accused of bribing a Jambi Legislative Council (DPRD) member to approve the administration's proposals in the budget.
The KPK questioned Jambi Deputy Governor Fachori Umar on Thursday. He said he did not know anything about the alleged graft.
“No, I know nothing. I don’t want to lie,” he said.
The commission had named four Jambi officials suspects in the case. They are acting provincial secretary Erwan Malik, Jambi Public Works and Public Housing Agency acting head Arfan, National Mandate Party (PAN) councillor Supriyono and Saifudin.
The KPK has seized Rp 4.7 billion (US$350,000) from the suspects in the case. (vla/ahw)
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- US centers force migrant children to take drugs -lawsuit
- Traveler forgets father at rest stop upon return from Lebaran holiday