KPK questions Jambi governor in graft probe
The Jakarta Post
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) questioned Jambi Governor Zumi Zola on Friday as a witness in a bribery case pertaining to the deliberation of the province’s 2018 provincial budget.
“The governor will be questioned in our investigation into bribery suspect Saifudin,” the commission’s spokesman, Febri Diansyah, said as quoted by Antara.
Saifudin, a former Jambi administration official, along with three other suspects, has been accused of bribing a Jambi Legislative Council (DPRD) member to approve the administration's proposals in the budget.
The KPK questioned Jambi Deputy Governor Fachori Umar on Thursday. He said he did not know anything about the alleged graft.
“No, I know nothing. I don’t want to lie,” he said.
The commission had named four Jambi officials suspects in the case. They are acting provincial secretary Erwan Malik, Jambi Public Works and Public Housing Agency acting head Arfan, National Mandate Party (PAN) councillor Supriyono and Saifudin.
The KPK has seized Rp 4.7 billion (US$350,000) from the suspects in the case. (vla/ahw)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Car hits pedestrians outside UK mosque in suspected hate crime
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- Woodward's Trump book sells 1.1 million in first week
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Makassar mother named child abuse suspect
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Instant Noodle Longform