Anies wants welfare movement to join OK OCE
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan says the Family Welfare Movement (PKK) should be the city administration’s active partner in manifesting city programs, one of which is to align with the OK OCE entrepreneurship training program.
“We want the PKK to ignite active movements in society and help improve the welfare of more Jakarta families, including by cooperating in OK OCE programs that facilitate various training activities,” said Anies in his speech after inaugurating 34 members of the PKK empowerment team in Pasar Minggu, South Jakarta on Friday as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
The PKK team comprises the wives of community leaders and officials, and organizes various welfare activities.
Anies added that the OK OCE training aims to enable stay-at-home women to produce sellable goods to a wider market with better management.
Anies said PKK activities can improve family resilience, which will contribute to a happier Jakarta. “The PKK can actively contribute to achieving our vision of making Jakarta a child-friendly, woman-friendly and disabled-friendly city,” he said.
He added that the PKK should also be a platform through which parents can learn from fellow parents about better methods of child education. (gis)
- Seoul Fashion Week ready for kickoff
- 17 missing students in North Sumatra flood rescued
- NTT to move immigrants to island near Australia
- US wants "regime change" in Iran: Rouhani
- KPK urged to be resolute in solving IndonesiaLeaks report case
- Lewinsky affair not an abuse of power, says Hillary Clinton
- Erdogan, Saudi king discuss case of missing journalist: Turkish presidency
- Delayed school entry good for mental health: Study
- #UninstallGojek trends after executive shows support for LGBT community
- The warning signs get stronger