Anies wants welfare movement to join OK OCE
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan says the Family Welfare Movement (PKK) should be the city administration’s active partner in manifesting city programs, one of which is to align with the OK OCE entrepreneurship training program.
“We want the PKK to ignite active movements in society and help improve the welfare of more Jakarta families, including by cooperating in OK OCE programs that facilitate various training activities,” said Anies in his speech after inaugurating 34 members of the PKK empowerment team in Pasar Minggu, South Jakarta on Friday as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
The PKK team comprises the wives of community leaders and officials, and organizes various welfare activities.
Anies added that the OK OCE training aims to enable stay-at-home women to produce sellable goods to a wider market with better management.
Anies said PKK activities can improve family resilience, which will contribute to a happier Jakarta. “The PKK can actively contribute to achieving our vision of making Jakarta a child-friendly, woman-friendly and disabled-friendly city,” he said.
He added that the PKK should also be a platform through which parents can learn from fellow parents about better methods of child education. (gis)
- Jakarta Planetarium to host public lunar eclipse observation on Jan 31
- Auction lowered price of industrial sugar, Trade Ministry says
- 8.2 magnitude quake hits off coast of Alaska: USGS
- Depok men arrested for allegedly uploading sex video
- BREAKING: Strong 6.4 earthquake hits Banten, no tsunami warning
- Earthquake leads to traffic jams in Jakarta
- Jokowi criticizes regions for lengthy business permit issuance
- Hundreds of houses damaged by Lebak earthquake
- Defector soldier 'committed murder in North Korea': report
- Quake causes minor damage at airport, Depok City Hall