Anies wants welfare movement to join OK OCE
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan says the Family Welfare Movement (PKK) should be the city administration’s active partner in manifesting city programs, one of which is to align with the OK OCE entrepreneurship training program.
“We want the PKK to ignite active movements in society and help improve the welfare of more Jakarta families, including by cooperating in OK OCE programs that facilitate various training activities,” said Anies in his speech after inaugurating 34 members of the PKK empowerment team in Pasar Minggu, South Jakarta on Friday as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
The PKK team comprises the wives of community leaders and officials, and organizes various welfare activities.
Anies added that the OK OCE training aims to enable stay-at-home women to produce sellable goods to a wider market with better management.
Anies said PKK activities can improve family resilience, which will contribute to a happier Jakarta. “The PKK can actively contribute to achieving our vision of making Jakarta a child-friendly, woman-friendly and disabled-friendly city,” he said.
He added that the PKK should also be a platform through which parents can learn from fellow parents about better methods of child education. (gis)
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- China seizes 156 mammoth tusks in huge ivory haul
- S.Korean court hands former president Park another 8 years in jail
- 'Mass casualty incident' after Missouri tourist boat capsizes
- Former Hong Kong leader jailed again for misconduct
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- Who is TGB, Jokowi’s strongest ally against sectarianism?