Gate near Soekarno-Hatta collapses, one injured
The Jakarta Post
A security officer was injured after a gate near Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Tangerang, Banten collapsed on Sunday.
The airport police spokesperson, Second Insp. Prayogo, confirmed the accident, saying ”[the incident] really happened and the victim has been taken to Mayapada Hospital [in Tangerang].”
The officer, Edy Junaidy, was on duty when the steel gate separating the airport train railway and Jl. Perimeter Selatan collapsed onto him at around 9.40 a.m., tribunnews.com reported on Sunday.
Airport officers are investigating the cause of the accident. The door allegedly crashed down due to strong winds. (wnd)
- Setya Novanto pays $50,000 in restitution installment to KPK
- Me and my (porn) shadow: 'Spycam' epidemic seizes South Korea
- Indonesian tourism set to beat Thailand in 5 years
- Suspected HTI flag burning sparks controversy among Muslims
- Australia hits five Myanmar generals with sanctions
- Better or worse under Jokowi?
- US warships sail through Taiwan Strait
- UN committee slams French 'burqa ban' for 'violating' rights
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Four earthquakes strike off Canada's west coast