Gate near Soekarno-Hatta collapses, one injured
The Jakarta Post
A security officer was injured after a gate near Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Tangerang, Banten collapsed on Sunday.
The airport police spokesperson, Second Insp. Prayogo, confirmed the accident, saying ”[the incident] really happened and the victim has been taken to Mayapada Hospital [in Tangerang].”
The officer, Edy Junaidy, was on duty when the steel gate separating the airport train railway and Jl. Perimeter Selatan collapsed onto him at around 9.40 a.m., tribunnews.com reported on Sunday.
Airport officers are investigating the cause of the accident. The door allegedly crashed down due to strong winds. (wnd)
- Planning to travel this Ramadhan? Try these Muslim
- Dugong sellers thwarted in West Sulawesi
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross
- Japan keeps word, gifts Akita dog to Russian skater Zagitova
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- Teen suspect killed 6
- New lava flow crosses onto Hawaii geothermal plant property
- Rainbow flags and high heels: S. Korea holds debut drag parade