Gate near Soekarno-Hatta collapses, one injured
The Jakarta Post
A security officer was injured after a gate near Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Tangerang, Banten collapsed on Sunday.
The airport police spokesperson, Second Insp. Prayogo, confirmed the accident, saying ”[the incident] really happened and the victim has been taken to Mayapada Hospital [in Tangerang].”
The officer, Edy Junaidy, was on duty when the steel gate separating the airport train railway and Jl. Perimeter Selatan collapsed onto him at around 9.40 a.m., tribunnews.com reported on Sunday.
Airport officers are investigating the cause of the accident. The door allegedly crashed down due to strong winds. (wnd)
- Let them eat quinoa: Malaysian PM mocked for being out of touch
- Study to challenge claim Indonesia second-biggest marine polluter
- BREAKING: PDI-P officially endorses Jokowi for 2019 presidential election
- Two injured in Louisiana university shooting
- Katy Perry: Her vibes on Jakarta's energy
- Booking.com reveals most affordable months to travel
- Anies remains tight-lipped after being reported to police
- Turkey navy 'threatens force' against Italy drillship: Cyprus
- Kaum Jakarta named capital's restaurant of the year
- Baby lobster smugglers arrested