Gate near Soekarno-Hatta collapses, one injured
The Jakarta Post
A security officer was injured after a gate near Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Tangerang, Banten collapsed on Sunday.
The airport police spokesperson, Second Insp. Prayogo, confirmed the accident, saying ”[the incident] really happened and the victim has been taken to Mayapada Hospital [in Tangerang].”
The officer, Edy Junaidy, was on duty when the steel gate separating the airport train railway and Jl. Perimeter Selatan collapsed onto him at around 9.40 a.m., tribunnews.com reported on Sunday.
Airport officers are investigating the cause of the accident. The door allegedly crashed down due to strong winds. (wnd)
- Women accused of assassinating Kim Jong Nam face key court ruling
- Tourists cause human traffic jam at Mt. Fuji
- Venezuelan general, colonel arrested over 'attack' on Maduro
- Prosecutors demand 1.5 years for Buddhist woman on ‘azan’ blasphemy charge
- Indonesian academics can now access e-journal databases worth $1m for free
- Malaysia to alter 'hideous' tourism logo featuring ape in shades
- 'Monster Hunter' on hold as China hits pause on new video games
- Saudi state carrier hit by system failure ahead of haj
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech