Two killed after mixer truck hits public minivan
The Jakarta Post
Two people died and two others were severely injured when a public minivan they were traveling in was hit by a mixer truck in Bogor, West Java, on Saturday.
The vehicle hit by the truck, which was moving at a high speed on Jl. KH Abdullah Bin Nuh, right across the Bubulak slaughterhouse in Sindang Barang subdistrict, was totally damaged.
Bogor Police chief Sr. Comr. Ulung Sampurna Jaya said the public minivan serving the Kampus Dalam-Cinangneng route was transporting those who had just attended a wedding ceremony of their relative.
The truck was directly behind the public minivan and moving at a high speed before hitting it, Ulung said.
In an attempt to avoid a crash, the truck driver reportedly turned the wheel sharply to the right, causing the truck to overturn and hit the public minivan.
Two passengers, Karna, 50, and Aca, 63, who were both Ciampea village residents, were killed at the scene. Meanwhile, two others were severely injured and were rushed to Hermina Hospital to receive medical treatment. (ebf)
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Instagram co-founders step down from company: NYT
- China says can't hold US trade talks with 'knife to the throat'
- K-Pop stars BTS at UN urge world's youth to 'just speak yourself'
- 'Scandal' website portrays Sandiaga Uno as womanizer
- Iran in the spotlight as Trump, Rouhani set for UN clash
- The Indonesian kid who stirs the Hollywood Bowl: Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Transjakarta bus crashes to avoid hitting street sweeper