Two killed after mixer truck hits public minivan
The Jakarta Post
Two people died and two others were severely injured when a public minivan they were traveling in was hit by a mixer truck in Bogor, West Java, on Saturday.
The vehicle hit by the truck, which was moving at a high speed on Jl. KH Abdullah Bin Nuh, right across the Bubulak slaughterhouse in Sindang Barang subdistrict, was totally damaged.
Bogor Police chief Sr. Comr. Ulung Sampurna Jaya said the public minivan serving the Kampus Dalam-Cinangneng route was transporting those who had just attended a wedding ceremony of their relative.
The truck was directly behind the public minivan and moving at a high speed before hitting it, Ulung said.
In an attempt to avoid a crash, the truck driver reportedly turned the wheel sharply to the right, causing the truck to overturn and hit the public minivan.
Two passengers, Karna, 50, and Aca, 63, who were both Ciampea village residents, were killed at the scene. Meanwhile, two others were severely injured and were rushed to Hermina Hospital to receive medical treatment. (ebf)
- Transgender people assaulted by dozens of men in Bekasi
- A father’s love: Wiranto explains why his daughter wears niqab
- Ed Sheeran on BTS: ‘I think they are great’
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Foreign investors allowed to own 100% shares in 25 business units
- 6 kg of garbage found in dead whale's stomach in Wakatobi
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Whale shark seen in Jakarta Bay
- Crown prince a 'red line' in Khashoggi probe: Saudi FM
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos