Sudirman-Thamrin kiosks set for OK OCE entrepreneurs
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta administration will strictly select vendors who can make benefit from kiosks on newly revamped sidewalks along Jl. Sudirman and Jl. MH Thamrin.
The vendors were obliged to participate in the administration’s flagship OK OCE entrepreneurship program, under the curation of the Jakarta Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) Agency, Jakarta Deputy Governor Sandiaga Uno has said.
“The MSME agency will do the curation process,” he said as quoted by kompas.com on Thursday.
Sandiaga further said some requirements needed to be fulfilled by the vendors, such as having good financial reports and paying taxes dutifully.
Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan announced on Tuesday the design of the long-awaited revamp of Jl. Sudirman-Jl. MH Thamrin sidewalks. The new design would include kiosks along the sidewalks.
OK OCE chairman Faransyah Jaya said separately the administration was preparing a gubernatorial decree on an integrated entrepreneurship program that would benefit the participants.
Faransyah explained that the decree would state that shopping centers must provide spaces for OK OCE entrepreneurs. Such entrepreneurs would also have the chance to sell their goods at MRT and light rail transit (LRT) stations. (vny)
- 'Cek Toko Sebelah' to be screened in Chinese cinemas
- US court rules for Colorado 'intersex' veteran denied passport
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Groups welcome Jokowi’s palm plantation moratorium
- Saudi woman's case against father stirs 'guardianship' debate
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- Russia warns US it is 'playing with fire' with sanctions
- Land owners unseal 46 schools after promise to hire them as civil servants
- Vietnamese President Tran Dai Quang dead at 61: State media
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world