Victims of West Jakarta inferno to be relocated to low-cost apartments
The Jakarta Post
West Jakarta Mayor Anas Effendi has said 122 families made homeless by a fire in Taman Kota in North Kembangan will soon be relocated to Rawa Buaya low-cost apartments (rusun) in Cengkareng, despite the apartment management claiming to know nothing about the plan.
“Next month, 122 families who were the victims of the Taman Kota fire will be relocated to Rawa Buaya,” Anas said Monday, as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
He added that the relocation could not be carried out in April because work on the rusun was still being completed.
Last month, a fire tore through around 3,000 square meters of Taman Kota leaving two people dead and 450 families homeless. The fire razed more than 500 houses.
Separately, Rawa Buaya apartment management unit head Sarjoko said he had not received any information about the planned relocation.
However, he said, two of the five towers of the apartment complex were ready to accommodate the affected families. (wnd)
- Muslim couple denied Swiss citizenship over handshake refusal
- Asian Games: Poor ticket handling after spectacular opening
- US man charged with killing pregnant wife and two toddlers
- Jokowi opens Asian Games in dazzling ceremony
- Google launches special features for Asian Games 2018
- President, first lady celebrate Sumatran culture on Independence Day
- Strong earthquake hits off Fiji, no tsunami threat
- National Folk Museum of Korea to bring ‘mobile museums’ to Asian Games
- Cricket hero Imran Khan sworn in as Pakistan PM
- Twitter erupts as Asian Games opening ceremony praised by netizens