Gerindra, PKS form joint secretariat for Prabowo's victory
The Jakarta Post
The Gerindra Party and the Prosperous Justice Party (PKS) have formed a joint secretariat to work on the victory of their presidential candidate, Gerindra’s chief patron, Prabowo Subianto, in the 2019 election.
During the launch on Friday evening, Prabowo said the idea came from young cadres of Gerindra, PKS, and the National Mandate Party (PAN), which is rumored to be a potential coalition member on Prabowo’s side.
“They came up with the idea and they challenged me to appear here,” Prabowo said in Menteng, Central Jakarta, as quoted by tempo.co.
“We see that the younger generation is ready to continue our fight. Our effort here is to prepare the regeneration,” he said.
The joint secretariat would hold various events such as discussions and Quran recitals.
Prabowo said the joint secretary was created as a communication platform for the parties in the coalition, which as of Sunday consisted of Gerindra and the PKS.
PAN has yet to confirm whether it will join the coalition. PAN’s deputy chairman Hanafi Rais was present at Friday's event. He said he was invited but it did not mean PAN had decided to join the coalition. It would be decided in the party’s national meeting, he said. (gis)
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Saudis detain women's advocates ahead of driving ban lift
- Homes in East Lombok attacked, Ahmadis take refuge at police HQ
- Boy who could not wait for new phone burns down family's house
- Cuba confirms 110 killed in country's deadliest plane crash since 1989
- After 20 years, tough road ahead
- UGM launches app to help you help disaster victims