GBK director denies Istora Senayan name-change deal
The Jakarta Post
An official with the Gelora Bunga Karno (GBK) sports complex management has denied a statement made by online shop Blibli that Istora Senayan indoor stadium now bears a new name, Blibli arena, saying that the negotiation between two parties is still far from final.
“We haven’t reached any agreement regarding the name change. We haven’t decided anything,” GBK infrastructure and business development director Gatot Tetuko said on Monday as quoted by kompas.com.
Gatot further explained that everything was still on the negotiation table between all stakeholders despite the goodwill shown by the private company.
He, however, acknowledged that a name-change was part of the deal for the contribution made by the private sector in helping GBK management in maintaining facilities.
“We have invited the private sector to make a contribution. The funds will be used solely for the sports facility maintenance,” he said.
He also mentioned that besides Blibli, there were many private companies that had shown an interest in name-change deals for other sport facilities located within the compound.
Previously, in a press release received by The Jakarta Post on Monday, Blibli had announced its participation as the main sponsor of the upcoming 2018 Indonesian Open, which will be held from July 3 until 8. At the same time, it also mentioned that the name of Istora Senayan would be changed to the Blibli Arena.
Blibli.com CEO Kusumo Nartatanto said without further elaboration that the venue’s name change was a result of support given by his company for positive activities in the country.
Blibli has made no comment regarding the denial.
- Sony's new super-fast cameras are winning over the pros
- Iran unveils next generation missile: Media
- Trump endorses call for Harley-Davidson boycott
- S. Korean woman given rare jail term for spycam crime
- A-Pink to perform in Jakarta in September
- China designs spacecraft to extend lifespan of satellites
- Former S. Korea presidential hopeful acquitted in sex abuse case
- Two Austrians killed in French Alps glider crash: Official
- Who is Ma’ruf Amin, Jokowi’s running mate?
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world