GBK director denies Istora Senayan name-change deal
The Jakarta Post
An official with the Gelora Bunga Karno (GBK) sports complex management has denied a statement made by online shop Blibli that Istora Senayan indoor stadium now bears a new name, Blibli arena, saying that the negotiation between two parties is still far from final.
“We haven’t reached any agreement regarding the name change. We haven’t decided anything,” GBK infrastructure and business development director Gatot Tetuko said on Monday as quoted by kompas.com.
Gatot further explained that everything was still on the negotiation table between all stakeholders despite the goodwill shown by the private company.
He, however, acknowledged that a name-change was part of the deal for the contribution made by the private sector in helping GBK management in maintaining facilities.
“We have invited the private sector to make a contribution. The funds will be used solely for the sports facility maintenance,” he said.
He also mentioned that besides Blibli, there were many private companies that had shown an interest in name-change deals for other sport facilities located within the compound.
Previously, in a press release received by The Jakarta Post on Monday, Blibli had announced its participation as the main sponsor of the upcoming 2018 Indonesian Open, which will be held from July 3 until 8. At the same time, it also mentioned that the name of Istora Senayan would be changed to the Blibli Arena.
Blibli.com CEO Kusumo Nartatanto said without further elaboration that the venue’s name change was a result of support given by his company for positive activities in the country.
Blibli has made no comment regarding the denial.
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Muslim inmates fed pork during Ramadhan: Activists
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- BREAKING: Indonesia passes stronger antiterrorism law
- Costly holiday
- Indonesia shakes off nerves for Thomas Cup semifinal against China
- Government is representation of God on earth: State Palace official