Strategic orbital slot hangs in balance
Marguerite Afra Sapiie
The Jakarta Post
Indonesia is at risk of losing its right to a strategic orbital slot after an overseas satellite provider declared a dispute with the Defense Ministry following a missed payment.
United Kingdom-based Avanti Communications claims the ministry failed to pay US$16.8 million of a $30 million lease contract for an Artemis satellite, initially used by Indonesia to maintain its orbital slot at 123...
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Pair of Japanese premium melons sell for record $29,300
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Out of South Africa, reminiscing the indelible Eden
- Prisoners evacuated from flooded Pekalongan Penitentiary
- Police shut down illegal gold mines in Riau
- Dutch, Australia say Russia behind downing MH17
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China