Strategic orbital slot hangs in balance
Marguerite Afra Sapiie
The Jakarta Post
Indonesia is at risk of losing its right to a strategic orbital slot after an overseas satellite provider declared a dispute with the Defense Ministry following a missed payment.
United Kingdom-based Avanti Communications claims the ministry failed to pay US$16.8 million of a $30 million lease contract for an Artemis satellite, initially used by Indonesia to maintain its orbital slot at 123...
- Tourists cause human traffic jam at Mt. Fuji
- Women accused of assassinating Kim Jong Nam face key court ruling
- Venezuelan general, colonel arrested over 'attack' on Maduro
- Prosecutors demand 1.5 years for Buddhist woman on ‘azan’ blasphemy charge
- Malaysia to alter 'hideous' tourism logo featuring ape in shades
- US believes missing journalist Tice still alive after six years
- Saudi state carrier hit by system failure ahead of haj
- Congresswoman-elect kidnapped in Mexico: Official
- Indonesian academics can now access e-journal databases worth $1m for free
- Asian Games torch relay route in Jakarta